Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bolt on 10 ss

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 08:06 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default bolt on 10 ss

Whats some of the fastest passes that the new ss has been. With boltons and spray. Looking into buying 1 and wanted see some times.
Old 05-20-2010, 10:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im the only one who has been 10's with a stock long block with spray. Even went 11.80's with out it.
Old 05-21-2010, 01:23 AM
TECH Regular

I think the big fear of nitrous from the camaro5 forums is part of the problem...guys are to ready to drop big cash on blowers. I'd say what Orange has done is very attainable with a good tuner at bay.
Old 05-21-2010, 01:34 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by OrangeChevyII
Im the only one who has been 10's with a stock long block with spray. Even went 11.80's with out it.
#2 will be here rather quick
Old 05-21-2010, 11:12 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by grocerygetter
I think the big fear of nitrous from the camaro5 forums is part of the problem...guys are to ready to drop big cash on blowers. I'd say what Orange has done is very attainable with a good tuner at bay.
ya tuning is going to have a huge part in that...
Old 05-22-2010, 07:11 AM
TECH Resident

I'm in the 10's with a stock longblock, cam & spray, even stock clutch, but I'm still down due to waiting for GM to make decision to fix my ******* output shaft. I'm not running as quick as you, but I'm in the 10's. Oh yeah, my clutch is now burnt up too. But well over 9k miles & 250 passes since august on my car on the stock clutch.

I think if you put enough gear & a shorter tire on a stock car with bolton's & a 150 shot, 10's would be easier. Right now the thing that's holding me back from running quicker is waiting on the 17" bogarts & I would really love a set of 3.90's. I almost put 3.73's in it, but still don't feel as if that's enough gear & didn't want to go as short as a 4.10.
Old 05-22-2010, 04:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I went 10's on the stock longblock, no cam. You say you did to, but then say you have a cam?
Old 05-22-2010, 06:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm planning for some 11 sec. bolt-on N/A runs judging from what my car has ran already. 10's is very possible with bolt-on's and spray, it will just take some trial and error.
Old 05-23-2010, 06:22 AM
TECH Resident

I went 10's on the stock longblock, no cam. You say you did to, but then say you have a cam?
Cam is a bolt on right. you are much quicker than I am. I put my cam in before the spray, so never got a no cam time. What you've done is nothing less than impressive. There are a lot of cars that have **** loads more money in them that are a full second slower than I am right now.

I've been following your car since you started running it, I never realized that you went 10's before your cam. I had a cam before I had long tubes, cam was cheaper than long tubes & gave me basically the same power as long tubes. Now that I have the long tubes on it, it's so much quicker, woke the **** outta it.

What are you running for a clutch right now? I'm torn between a twin disc & a monster stage 4.
Old 05-23-2010, 12:53 PM
On The Tree

how do you like your NANO set up. Any noticeable improvement over regular nitrous? Did you install it yourself if so was it a PITA to install?

FOG

Last edited by FOG52; 05-23-2010 at 03:07 PM.
Old 05-23-2010, 09:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I run the Ls9 clutch, it works great. Holds the power and feels like a stock clutch. I've used the rpm twin disc billet clutch and didnt like it. The Ls9 clutch is your ticket.

The Nano was an easy install, its just an extra bottle to fill. I havnt been to the track to tell you if it made a ET difference. It made more power through out the curve with it......alot more power on less nitrous to boot.
Old 05-24-2010, 06:04 AM
TECH Resident

I run the Ls9 clutch, it works great. Holds the power and feels like a stock clutch. I've used the rpm twin disc billet clutch and didnt like it. The Ls9 clutch is your ticket.

The Nano was an easy install, its just an extra bottle to fill. I havnt been to the track to tell you if it made a ET difference. It made more power through out the curve with it......alot more power on less nitrous to boot.
I looked at the LS9 clutch, don't know if I want to dump $1500 on a clutch. I was looking at the ACT clutch, but it was only $1k, checked out the Fidanza's, the vette guys like them, but they aren't pushing 4k#'s down the track, the monster is ~799 or so. Just feel like I'll have smoother engagement with the twin disc, I still may go with the LS9. With the way $ is right now & GM still having my car for over a month & not doing anything about the output shaft, I may be stuck with my stock clutch & no racing if I have to buy a new trans. My dealer will give me the trans @ cost ~$2600, but the run before my output shaft came apart, my hydraulics stuck/came up too slow & I burnt the clutch all the way through 2nd, they said they could see clutch smoke coming out of the car the whole way down the track. My car smelled like clutch for hours.

How does the weight of the LS9 clutch compare to the stock clutch?

Last edited by jamnut; 05-24-2010 at 06:15 AM.
Old 05-24-2010, 07:14 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by jamnut
I looked at the LS9 clutch, don't know if I want to dump $1500 on a clutch. I was looking at the ACT clutch, but it was only $1k, checked out the Fidanza's, the vette guys like them, but they aren't pushing 4k#'s down the track, the monster is ~799 or so. Just feel like I'll have smoother engagement with the twin disc, I still may go with the LS9. With the way $ is right now & GM still having my car for over a month & not doing anything about the output shaft, I may be stuck with my stock clutch & no racing if I have to buy a new trans. My dealer will give me the trans @ cost ~$2600, but the run before my output shaft came apart, my hydraulics stuck/came up too slow & I burnt the clutch all the way through 2nd, they said they could see clutch smoke coming out of the car the whole way down the track. My car smelled like clutch for hours.

How does the weight of the LS9 clutch compare to the stock clutch?

Wow, sorry to hear you are still waiting on them to decide what to do. They should at least tell you one way or the other.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:25 AM
On The Tree

Thanks I heard it makes more on less thanks for the information nice to know it not a PITA. How many HP with 100 shot NANO vs regular 100 shot you think?. I'm trying to gauge what shot to use. I hear its about 25% more effective.
Old 05-24-2010, 07:04 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by rayhawk
Wow, sorry to hear you are still waiting on them to decide what to do. They should at least tell you one way or the other.

The area rep that has to look at it is in the hospital & has been there for 3 weeks. My buddy is a lawyer for the dealership, he was going to call them today for me. Just haven't heard back from him.
Old 05-24-2010, 07:34 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by jamnut
The area rep that has to look at it is in the hospital & has been there for 3 weeks. My buddy is a lawyer for the dealership, he was going to call them today for me. Just haven't heard back from him.
They should go ahead and put a new tranny in it. Did they at least give you a loan car?
Old 05-24-2010, 09:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The Ls9 clutch with the lingenfelter flywheel weighs in at 57 pounds, I weighed it yesterday. I promise you you'll be happy with it.

The dealer needs to quit messin with you, I broke mine and had the car back with in 48 hours. They even let me swap the clutch out while it was on their rack. Lol

The Nano system picked my car up 90 rwhp from 4000-6500 rpms more with a 50 less shot. It's worth the money, call or PM Brad. He's a board member here.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

My car is at the dealer now getting a new clutch/pressure plate/flywheel. I went in and complained about the pedal sticking (which it did at the track, but not terribly) and they said they knew of the problem and are taking care of it. Sucks to hear man, I hope it all works out for you.
Old 05-25-2010, 08:08 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by FOG52
They should go ahead and put a new tranny in it. Did they at least give you a loan car?
I didn't ask, they are actually kind of doing me a favor, I have multiple cars, hell I still have a 10 second turbo regal, 9 second 99z & an 11 second syclone at the house + we have multiple daily drivers. They are fighting for me even though I brought it in with cam, full bolton's, DR's, nitrous & they are still fighting to get GM to approve the trans swap. No inconvenience not having the car.
Old 05-25-2010, 10:21 AM
On The Tree

Aren't 2010 running T 6060's also, it should handle your power.

Last edited by FOG52; 05-25-2010 at 06:04 PM.

Quick Reply: bolt on 10 ss