Gen 5 Camaro External Bolt-On Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

some newb questions on ls6 valley cover

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 01:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default some newb questions on ls6 valley cover

Ok so I have an '01 ws6 and I am currently doing the LS6 valley cover swap. I've removed the intake and in the process of removing the cover. My questions are,
Where can I buy the ls6 cover and 10" fuel line?

How do I know my intake is ls1 or ls6? I know the part # on it is 12561184

I read somewhere that the LS1howto process is a little outdated and that with the new cover I will no longer need to do a certain process? Can anyone give me more detail on that?

Also does OPSU stand for? What does it do? I read one should be careful not to break it?

I am a complete beginner and I am surprise I've gotten this far without much help.
Thanks again guys
Old 06-09-2011, 02:10 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by imapala_ws6
Ok so I have an '01 ws6 and I am currently doing the LS6 valley cover swap. I've removed the intake and in the process of removing the cover. My questions are,
Where can I buy the ls6 cover and 10" fuel line?

How do I know my intake is ls1 or ls6? I know the part # on it is 12561184

I read somewhere that the LS1howto process is a little outdated and that with the new cover I will no longer need to do a certain process? Can anyone give me more detail on that?

Also does OPSU stand for? What does it do? I read one should be careful not to break it?

I am a complete beginner and I am surprise I've gotten this far without much help.
Thanks again guys

OPSU = Oil Pressue Sending Unit. If this is your first time pulling off the intake, you have probably already broke it. Most people do, the first time.
It is mounted directly behind the intake.

The "outdated" thing that you might be refering to is not really outdated, but shouldn't apply to your block. 01/02 blocks don't have that piece of casting that needs to be removed.
Old 06-13-2011, 08:37 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is a differnt ls6 valley cover...and it is the one for an 04 LS6 is the newer style cover.

Do a search on ls6 valley cover and you will get the part #'s