Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AEM Wideband Install

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2016, 01:30 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AEM Wideband Install

I am awaiting an AEM wideband to install in my 2015 ZL1, I bought the defrost vent gauge pod, but I'm still not sure if I'll make my install permanent. Does anyone have experience installing this set up and would you share how you did it? Thanks in advance... - Buck
Old 12-22-2016, 01:13 AM
Staging Lane

What do you want to know? The hardest part is passing the connector through the firewall grommet. All the wires you need are right there in the access panel between the dash and door.
Old 12-22-2016, 04:27 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 1KillerSS
What do you want to know? The hardest part is passing the connector through the firewall grommet. All the wires you need are right there in the access panel between the dash and door.

I was hoping to see how folks have routed the wiring etc. Did they route it through the defrost duct? My parts should arrive this evening so the instructions may fill in the blanks for me, but they often come up short so I figured I'd ask.
Old 12-22-2016, 04:59 AM
Staging Lane

If your going to put the gauge in the vent, then you kinda have to run your wires through the duct.
Old 12-22-2016, 08:51 AM
Teching In

I'm using this gauge to finish up some improvements in my tune and I'm not sure if I'll want to drill holes in the duct for a permanent installation, I may just lay the thing on the console while I data log. I was just wondering if anyone had some tip/trick to make the install go smoothly, like where they passed it through the firewall and such. No worries, I'll figure it out.
Old 12-22-2016, 02:58 PM
Staging Lane

Just under the brake booster is a grommet that passes throught the firewall. Thats where I ran the sensor wire.
Old 12-23-2016, 02:00 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 1KillerSS
Just under the brake booster is a grommet that passes throught the firewall. Thats where I ran the sensor wire.
There may be a difference in our cars as I haven't found a pass through under the booster.
Old 12-24-2016, 05:39 PM
Teching In

Found a pass though just above the positive battery cable on the upper driver side. Cut a hole in the grommet and pushed the wires through.

AEM Wideband Install-img_6098.jpg

Quick Reply: AEM Wideband Install