Gen 5 Camaro Power-Adder Tech Supercharger, Turbo, Nitrous

DIY turbo system builders

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2016, 08:10 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DIY turbo system builders

trying to get some input from ppl that have built there on turbo systems for there 5th gen

Im in the middle of helping a friend build a system
an looking to get some ideas
please post pics

at the moment we got some ebay up an forward turbo headers on the car
we are back an fourth on twins or big single

I've removed the fuse box mount an moved the abs to make the header fit
Attached Thumbnails DIY turbo system builders-20160630_175602.jpg   DIY turbo system builders-20160630_175618.jpg   DIY turbo system builders-20160630_175626.jpg  

Last edited by slowbu; 07-05-2016 at 08:15 PM. Reason: added photos
Old 07-08-2016, 05:52 PM
9 Second Club

Received 179 Likes on 154 Posts

Save yourself a lot of grief and get an AGP kit.
Old 07-22-2016, 02:45 AM
Launching!

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

figure out clearance for downpipe routing, that pretty much decided single or twin
Old 12-01-2016, 11:54 PM
Staging Lane

No need to reinvent the wheel, there are some good kits out there that are tried and proven, with plenty of R&D. AGP being arguably the best option out there for the money.

Your looking for forward facing headers for your turbo kit, the heat management for top mount turbos is insane, plan on upgrading your radiator and fans. Then buying all new wires and insulation tape, and then plan on removing your turbo or even header to change plugs when needed.....Just go get your self an AGP kit and call it a day.
Old 01-06-2017, 05:02 PM
Staging Lane

how's the fitment of the AGP kit?
Old 01-08-2017, 12:26 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by redhernandez
how's the fitment of the AGP kit?
Honesty, for the 5th gen Camaro, it's the best in the business. Fit, and finish is top notch, ease of installation is also. Everything is included in kit, with the exception of a catch can, I believe they still sell it though.

There is in my opinion, and I have seen just about every turbo kit for the 5th gen in person, the AGP kit is hands down the winner.

Heat management is perfect, IAT's are awesome! Only thing that someone can complain about, is you can't lift your hood, and show them off.....Being they are mid mount, and on the sides of the motor, where the cats used to sit, they are out of view.

I happen to like the stealth of the kit, and the fact that when people look under the hood, they have no clue what they are looking at!

Feel free to contact me for any questions you may have, and don't pay attention to their website pricing, send Kevin an email, or call directly and ask them to make you an offer you can't refuse.
Old 01-08-2017, 09:04 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1KillerSS
Honesty, for the 5th gen Camaro, it's the best in the business. Fit, and finish is top notch, ease of installation is also. Everything is included in kit, with the exception of a catch can, I believe they still sell it though.

There is in my opinion, and I have seen just about every turbo kit for the 5th gen in person, the AGP kit is hands down the winner.

Heat management is perfect, IAT's are awesome! Only thing that someone can complain about, is you can't lift your hood, and show them off.....Being they are mid mount, and on the sides of the motor, where the cats used to sit, they are out of view.

I happen to like the stealth of the kit, and the fact that when people look under the hood, they have no clue what they are looking at!

Feel free to contact me for any questions you may have, and don't pay attention to their website pricing, send Kevin an email, or call directly and ask them to make you an offer you can't refuse.
X2
I just finished my AGP install. Fit and finish were great. There are a lot of options with the kit including catch can, meth, fuel system and quite a few turbos to choose from.
Attached Thumbnails DIY turbo system builders-20161226_080651.jpg   DIY turbo system builders-20161228_213217.jpg   DIY turbo system builders-20161230_161611.jpg  
Old 12-30-2017, 10:27 AM
Teching In

whats the best single kit out there for the money? looking to put one on a 2010 ss auto L99 car
Old 12-30-2017, 03:25 PM
9 Second Club

Received 179 Likes on 154 Posts

Not sure how many single kits there are.

Most go for twins, so there's probably good reasons for that.
Old 02-27-2018, 09:38 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i realize this thread is a few months old but i built my own single turbo s480 t4 with 4 inch downpipe down the drivers side of the engine on my 2012 so it is doable. i used stock manifolds. i flipped them and cut the one on the passengers side collector off and welded a straight forward section to it. and just built a pipe from the drivers side collector and the new passenger side collector joined them in front of the engine and connected them to the turbine. waste gate was on the elbow going into the turbine. i had to reroute the -12 ac line and the battery cable jumper post but that is pretty easy. i did run a 5 inch pipe down behind the drivers side headlight for the air filter and used a cobra elbow on the front of the turbo due to it being so close to the headlight. it was actually fairly easy and i never had any heating problems. ill try to load some pictures up tomorrow of the first turbo kit. i just don't have them on this laptop at work.

Quick Reply: DIY turbo system builders