Gen 5 Camaro Tuning, Diagnostics, Dyno results Tuning problems, solutions, dyno results for Gen 5 Camaro

Tuning Help

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2014, 03:38 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuning Help

I'm learning to tune, and went out and took a couple logs of a few launches on the airstrip by my house. If someone can look at it and tell me if what I'm thinking I should change is correct, I would really appreciate it.

The car is a 2013 Camaro SS with A6.

I'm getting KR of .5 at 5577 rpm and .76g/cyl so I'm thinking for that I would scale down 1 on the spark advance table from 5500-5700 rpm range.

Also, I'm getting KR of 4.7 at 5874 rpm and .75 g/cyl so I'm thinking I would scale down about 4 on the spark advance table from the 5800 rpm down to 4700 on the .8 g/cyl and .76 g/cyl lines.

Keep in mind, this is the first time I've ever looked at a log of my car and first time I'm trying to figure out what to do. I would really just appreciate any good advice.

Thanks in advance.
Attached Files
File Type: hpl
6.hpl (17.5 KB, 83 views)
Old 05-14-2014, 11:10 PM
Staging Lane

**crickets** haha.

How about a different question:

Spark advance:

Is the goal to have as high spark advance without any knock retard? From what I've seen, that's the goal but I just want to make sure.
Old 05-15-2014, 04:55 AM
On The Tree

Yes, and try and make smooth changes. My LS3 is prone to KR in the same RPM areas.

Make the High and low octane tables the same and eliminate the KR, then you don't have to worry about the ECU dumbing down to the low octane table over time.

Quick Reply: Tuning Help