Gen 5 Camaro Tuning, Diagnostics, Dyno results Tuning problems, solutions, dyno results for Gen 5 Camaro

Jannetty racing - more of the same garbage

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2018, 03:30 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ajensen383
I know this thread is a few years old...but I was just wondering if anything has improved with Jannetty??

I do the mod work myself but once the mechanical work is done I have no way to drive or start the car as I do not have HP tuners or know anything about tuning with it.. Can someone recommend a GOOD tuner that can remote tune once I have everything ready to go?

What do you guys do when doing work yourself?? How do you get it running and driving...There are shops I can go to for a dyno tune, but how would I get it there?

Disclaimer- I had no idea Camaro5 was so political..Who else on that forum is protected by big brother, thats not good to deal with???
Dude go with Pat G in Texas he is the bomb.
Dude After like 2k with Local Arizona Tuners Nic D and Aaron Shwartz of "All-Out Tune"
I bit bullet and spent another 400 and WOW am I Happy. Car Idles smooth as glass with monstor cam and big cubes rebuild.
Old 10-28-2018, 03:51 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CamanLS1
No, if you have an agreement with someone and pay them to fulfill that agreement, and the work is sub-par, I think its a responsibility to go on a warpath and bad mouth them, especially if they do nothing to try and make it right. Ive seen a couple shops lately getting too big for their britches and they are letting quality get over taken by quantity. That will sink a shop faster than anything. I dont care if its $500 project or a $20,000 project. All work should be treated equal at a shop and attention to detail should not be compromised. Main reason I do all my own work. I dont trust anyone.
Amen CamanLs1,
I did not cheap out on my build, New spool, rear end, new trans built to hilt, new engine big cubes best of everything
done by race shop. Everything arp makes in terms of hardware even front crank bolt.

When you get burned others have a right to know.....sort of like an ebay rating.
Two Bozo Arizona Tuners like Nic D and Aaron Shwartz took me for a ride. ive got thousands in tunes.
When they cant fix it you never hear from them again. They play blame game....ahh your convertor is bad
Your a/c compressor is bad your this and that is bad. Nic D forces you to use a cookie cutter shelf cam, Make appointments and get blown off.
In fact Aaron bad mouths Nic D so bad he says why would you give money to a guy that only provides an email address
Yet Aaron fails to call or text when he going to blow you off.....and make a post on facebook and they delete it.

And the clincher im into this with now 2 diff cams and 3 pcm's because they lock the pcms
Pat G tuned my cam of choice that Aaron swore he could tune, Nic D said it would not work.
Pat G did not say my Trans or my a/c compressor was bad.

Todays society is about greed and not willing to admit over their head....easier to blow you off then keep tryjng.
Old 01-10-2020, 07:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Several months later and tune after tune, my car never felt right. Finally decided to go the dyno rout. Took my car to serious HP in Houston Tx. and the drivability is night and day. Now I actually can say I enjoy driving my car.
Old 02-24-2020, 09:31 PM
TECH Regular

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Surprised to hear about this thread. I recently paid Ted for a remote FI tune. All the trimmings. Flex fuel, new return fuel system, smaller pulley on the blower. driveabilty issues. And for his price I wanted everything fixed perfectly.

Within 2 logs, he could tell that I needed more bypass valve. The single vortech maxflow was just not bypassing enough pressure at idle, for as fast as I was spinning the blower (small pulley). It read lean at idle. Sure he could have kept adding fuel (like the dyno tune i had) but instead he called me. And we spoke like humans. He gave it to me straight. You have a mechanical issue that has been bandaid. You need another sure valve. Also, he noticed my flex fuel sensor was seeing 40%alcohol one min and 77% the next. He quickly identified we had a fuel pump pressure problem. “Probably and o ring”.

Well even though i didnt want to hear it and spend the money (because the last tuner didnt have that problem), I took his advice. I bought a tial 50mm surge valve, and I found two of my three fuel pump orings torn.

once we got tuning, he suggested to ditch the ngk br7ef plugs for tr7ix. That caused what i thought was a problem, but by looking at one log, in 30 seconds he knew that a spark plug wire, or a plug had cracked on bank1. I found a loose boot. Crimped the end and problem solved. With his real flex fuel tune (not just 5 degrees across the board if alc%is over 50), we went on to make 913whp at only 6400rpms on less boost than my last tune. SBE so I was happy there. Could have revved higher and made more boost.

im just saying, I dont know the man, live in his state, never met him, but he can tune.

He’s no people person, and his hours are 8-5 firm, but his tunes are good. He fixed my low speed parking lot bucking, changed the way my shifts grab the next gear and push u forward, instead of a thud sound from the trans. He fixed a lot of **** for me.

we must have made 30-40 tune revisions and logs. He stuck with it until i was happy.

Is he a sponsor here????? Question worth asking....

If he sucks so bad, why is my sbe still happy?

Last edited by Justhereforinfo; 02-24-2020 at 09:38 PM.
Old 07-31-2020, 07:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Justhereforinfo
Surprised to hear about this thread. I recently paid Ted for a remote FI tune. All the trimmings. Flex fuel, new return fuel system, smaller pulley on the blower. driveabilty issues. And for his price I wanted everything fixed perfectly.

If he sucks so bad, why is my sbe still happy?
Then four days after this post your posting that your pulling the engine. Now that's funny.
Old 07-31-2020, 07:55 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Lol!!

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
The following users liked this post:
Phil'sC5vette (08-01-2020)
Old 08-04-2021, 07:29 AM
TECH Regular

Hey Phil, my SBE ls3 was sold in good health to a guy who road races it in his C5 Corvette. It's still doing laps around Sebring. I sold it to fund a TMS Dart 427. JRE remote tuned this build as well. I'd say it's working just fine at 1030whp and 925wtq.

Forums are heavily biased towards their sponsors. I'm willing to bet JRE isn't a sponsor on ls1tech. Keep talking trash and I'll keep using JRE for my remote tuning needs.

Old 08-04-2021, 07:50 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Phil'sC5vette
Then four days after this post your posting that your pulling the engine. Now that's funny.

Wait, is this Phil from Tampa Tuning?? This is too funny... I wont even get into my personal experience with you years ago, but I will just say I find it completely unprofessional that you are (or were) in the Tuning business and you are taking a stab a more successful tuner.

Do you do remote FI tunes? No, you don't. Or should I say, can't.

Old 01-18-2022, 12:20 PM
TECH Regular

Another remote "garbage tune" from JRE

Quick Reply: Jannetty racing - more of the same garbage