Gen 5 Camaro Tuning, Diagnostics, Dyno results Tuning problems, solutions, dyno results for Gen 5 Camaro

Odd misfire issue on 2014 SS 1LE

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2015, 10:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Odd misfire issue on 2014 SS 1LE

Ls3, replaced valve stem seals recently, put fresh plugs, wires.

I have a slight miss at idle-2000RPM and it sounds like its running on 7 cylinders.

so i enabled my misfire detection back on in HPtuners (I have a SRD LS3 Cam, 233/248)

Cylinder #3 had the miss, So this is where it gets weird.

the plug was fouled, put a fresh one in, no go, the header primary for #3 was dead cold.

checked the arc on the coil to the plug wire and it's weak as hell.

I swapped coil #3 to cylinder #1 and the Arc was a LOT stronger, and the coil pack that originally came off of #1 was arcing weak and the primary was still cold.

I then swapped the entire driver side coil pack rail to the passenger side and #3 is still dead. Even tried a coil pack harness i had laying around. (put it on backwards at first LOL, sounded like gunshots)

anyways. I'm starting to think the PCM is **** or the car developed an engine harness problem out of the blue. The grounds are tight and making proper contact. I can't think of anything else guys. This car is my Daily and i pretty much need it to get to work and back.

If anyone has come across this issue let me know or if you can provide me with a pinout of the e38 controller I would sincerely appreciate it thanks
Old 11-01-2015, 10:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

to the top...
Old 11-05-2015, 09:10 AM
10 Second Club

Received 55 Likes on 48 Posts

Well the coils are ground fired, so you're better off tracing the hot wire for #3 on the harness to its source.
Old 10-24-2016, 08:51 AM
Staging Lane

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Lost cylinder on LS 6 engine

Originally Posted by DietCoke
Well the coils are ground fired, so you're better off tracing the hot wire for #3 on the harness to its source.
I was driving my 2001 Camaro on Saturday and during the drive I have lost one of my cylinders. Any ideas as to what would cause this to happen? No check engine light activity
Old 10-24-2016, 09:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Groesbeck
I was driving my 2001 Camaro on Saturday and during the drive I have lost one of my cylinders. Any ideas as to what would cause this to happen? No check engine light activity

Mine ended up being a bad lifter, it also took out the camshaft, replaced both and its been fine ever since.

Quick Reply: Odd misfire issue on 2014 SS 1LE