Gen 5 Camaro Tuning, Diagnostics, Dyno results Tuning problems, solutions, dyno results for Gen 5 Camaro

Camaro lost power and running rough , codes listed

Old 07-11-2015, 08:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Camaro lost power and running rough , codes listed

I was leaving a restaurant last night and was pretty low on gas. As I waited to exit the parking lot it seemed like something changed in the idle of my car , kinda like a hiccup . When I pulled out to the street the car was barely running and had no power . I was hoping it was because I was sitting at a weird angle in the restaurant parking lot and was low on gas . I drove a couple blocks to the nearest station and filled the car up , but when I started it up to leave it was still the same . I managed to get it home under its own power and have been reading ever since . I bought a scanner today hoping to find that I could change a coil pack , or possibly the throttle body . But the codes I am getting are not making any indication of either . I am getting a U2100 , P0300, p0201, P0203, P0205, and P0207 code . Each of the codes is in the system more than once , so there is a total of 18 codes . My car is a 2011 Camaro SS with a 6 speed , and about 85K miles , I have only had it for 6 months but it has never had a problem like this since I have owned it .
Old 07-11-2015, 08:35 PM
Teching In

I did look over the harness going to the drivers bank fuel injectors , but didn't notice anything worn or out of place . There is the section under the throttle body that can't really be seen with the throttle body in place though.
Old 07-12-2015, 01:46 PM
Teching In

155 views and no ideas ? What should I start with checking ? I checked the mifires in the scanner and it seems like they are all on the 1357 bank . 1480 on 3 , 1023 on 7 , 20 on 1 , and 20 on 5 . I swapped the coils around and the miss doesn't move with the coils , so that's out. I doubt that moving injectors will prove much . Any other ideas ?
Old 07-12-2015, 01:47 PM
Teching In

I really need to be able to drive to work tomorrow , so any help would be appreciated
Old 07-12-2015, 08:25 PM
Teching In

Just in case anyone searches for this problem in the future and finds my post , here are my findings. There is apparently a fuse for the left bank injectors and one for the right bank injectors . I had a blown fuse on the odd side and the engine was only running on 4 cylinders . I don't really know what caused the fuse to blow , but I am replacing the battery in the morning because it drops to 9.8 volts when cranking .
Old 08-26-2015, 05:04 AM
Staging Lane

FWIW, a low voltage condition will cause all kinds of electrical issues in a 5th gen. Wouldn't be surprised if the fuse went out while all that was going on. Most likely you were experiencing a dead battery. It will cause misfire, codes and poor drivability.
Old 04-08-2018, 06:32 PM

Default 2011 camaro ss sputtering/no acceleration

I have a 2011 camaro ss auto 54k miles and is at the dealer with the same symptoms. They have had it for 5 days and can't find anything wrong. Any ideas? I'm going up there in the morning to talk to them, just can't believe they have had it for that long and no idea on what it might be. It started with slow to no acceleration when applying the gas. Then when I was driving it back from work about 5 hours from home. It sputtered and check engine light would come on and if I tried to make it up a hill on acceleration. Engine light would flash and stabiltrak lights all came on. I figured since where I work is pretty Sandy and dusty it might have been a filter issue but replaced the filter and had the auto parts store check for codes. There where 5 codes u2100 and multiple misfire starting with p0300.
Old 07-16-2020, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by spd500
I was leaving a restaurant last night and was pretty low on gas. As I waited to exit the parking lot it seemed like something changed in the idle of my car , kinda like a hiccup . When I pulled out to the street the car was barely running and had no power . I was hoping it was because I was sitting at a weird angle in the restaurant parking lot and was low on gas . I drove a couple blocks to the nearest station and filled the car up , but when I started it up to leave it was still the same . I managed to get it home under its own power and have been reading ever since . I bought a scanner today hoping to find that I could change a coil pack , or possibly the throttle body . But the codes I am getting are not making any indication of either . I am getting a U2100 , P0300, p0201, P0203, P0205, and P0207 code . Each of the codes is in the system more than once , so there is a total of 18 codes . My car is a 2011 Camaro SS with a 6 speed , and about 85K miles , I have only had it for 6 months but it has never had a problem like this since I have owned it .

I have the same exact car, 2011 Camaro ss, and I’m experiencing the same exact problems...
did you ever figure out what the problem was??
Old 01-20-2022, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Redd Magee
I have the same exact car, 2011 Camaro ss, and I’m experiencing the same exact problems...
did you ever figure out what the problem was??
I just had this or something similar happen to me leaving a restaurant and pulled over to check it out, engine was running very rough and idling around 1k(usual idles around 500), shifting into any gear had more resistance than usual, check engine light was on and had to apply more pressure to brakes to stop. I checked over everything under the hood and it looked fine. Eventually tried disconnecting the battery and that seems to have fixed the issue. Still don't know what caused it to happen in the first place. 2011 Camaro SS L99

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Camaro lost power and running rough , codes listed