Gen 5 Camaro Tuning, Diagnostics, Dyno results Tuning problems, solutions, dyno results for Gen 5 Camaro

12 SsCamaro 5.3 swap

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2017, 12:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 12 SsCamaro 5.3 swap

I bought a 2012 camaro from a auction that is being shipped to me right now. I should have the car tomorow. The car was a theft recovery and they stole the motor, transmission and the wheels and tires. The rest of the car is in great shape. I have two 5.3 engines complete with pcms and complete wiring harness. My thoughts were to do arp studs, headgaskets , cam and do a single gt45 turbo. My plan is to get hp tuners software because I want to learn the computer side of modern mechanics. I have zero experience with any computer tuning software so any informative things I can read are welcomed. I would probably run a t56 transmission unless there is a better option for a manual. I won't know for sure until tomorow, but it didn't look like they hacked up the harness in the car. I'm assuming the pcm is gone. How should I wire this car? I am under the impression I can run the l99 pcm and tune it to the 5.3 specs. Do I run the l99 motor harness which would plug into the rest of the car or do I run the 5.3 pcm along side the l99 pcm? I know the reluctar in the l99 is different in the l99 cars and they make a box to convert it to a ls1 harness, but I haven't seen anyone's swap going in the other direction. I haven't researched if the fuel systems are the same so I'll get on that. I want to be able to use the 12s cluster. Would it make sense to run my 5.3 harness for the motor (everything else trimmed out) and pcm and run the l99 pcm and harness for the rest of the car? Am I out of my mind? Any info appreciated.

Quick Reply: 12 SsCamaro 5.3 swap