Gen 5 Camaro Tuning, Diagnostics, Dyno results Tuning problems, solutions, dyno results for Gen 5 Camaro

2013 ZL1 read and modded w/HPTuners, can't reflash? ***FIXED***

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2017, 05:49 AM
11 Second Club

Received 284 Likes on 187 Posts

Question 2013 ZL1 read and modded w/HPTuners, can't reflash? ***FIXED***

2013 Camaro ZL1, no problem, or so I thought, downloading factory tune, and licensing it, refreshed the application key, was able to modify and save it...then...

I was not able to reflash the car. Got the box popping up as if I never licensed it. So I try to download the factory tune again...

I get an error box that pops up, when trying to download tune...saying it is not readable? (pic attached)

It shows as if it is reading the ECM, and even says "completed" but will not read the 2nd OS and that's when the error box pops up.

The new application key allowed me to "tune" the downloaded tune, but not reflash it to the car....

Anyway, I also have the "stock" tune, and the "modded" tune attached.

Only made a few small, minor, changes.

When I connect to car and click on WRITE VEHICLE, the box pops up saying I do not have a license for this VIN???

I have contacted HPTuners SUPPORT, and posted on their site, (with zero feedback from either so far) and hoping someone here can help me or tell me what's going on??

Worst part is, this is/was being done as a favor for a buddy...gratis

Any help appreciated

Last edited by rel3rd; 02-06-2020 at 08:42 AM.
Old 09-26-2017, 07:16 AM
11 Second Club

Received 284 Likes on 187 Posts

I guess since this is resolved now, via HPTUNERS SUPPORT, I'll share and maybe help the next guy...

When READING/DOWNLOADING the tune, you need to click on the box in that lower OS, aka the FSCM (Fuel System Control Module) and instead of it saying READ ENTIRE, like you do on the ECM, you need to change that box to the DO NOT READ option....

unless of course you want to modify something in the FSCM, for some reason...then you'll need to buy 1 more credit to do so.

p.s. Thanks for the guidance HPTuners.

Quick Reply: 2013 ZL1 read and modded w/HPTuners, can't reflash? ***FIXED***