Gen 5 Racing Tech Heads, cam, valvetrain, short block discussion

Saw RS inperson at Boston Auto showcase...

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 06:43 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Saw RS inperson at Boston Auto showcase...

My father and I both bounced from work early today, filled with anticipation of seeing the new camaro inperson. Wow was I let down. Not by the car, the car looks pretty sweet aside from the gay neutral gray paint scheme we've all seen to much of. What spoiled it was the GM staff. They are the biggest gang of **** smoking ****** I've ever come across. They wouldnt let anyone sit in the camaro, or get close enough to see the interior. They refused to open the hood, or the trunk. And they refused to open the hood to the zr1. I know I'm not in the market for a zr1 but I am for a camaro. How am I supposed to choose it over other performance offerings if I can't sit behind the wheel, or evaluate underhood space for power adders and cam swaps?

They also knew absolutely nothing about the car. Available colors, options, potential markups... nothing.

They didn't even bring an SS version which was my main reason for going. All I wanted was to see that BMF but nope.

Well theres my rant part, now for positives...

The car looks great, awesome lines, awesome build, incredible factory wheels (thats a first), I still want one, but I refuse to preorder if I can't even sit in it.
I wish GM all the luck. With the way they are barely treading water the least they should do is make sure staff is informative and courteous.

I took pics on my cell, I'll attempt to post them later
Old 12-05-2008, 06:49 PM
TECH Resident

Oh and every other automaker there allowed us entry to any and every vehicle aside from the exotics and the GTR skyline. Believe it or not the coolest and most informed people there were the dodge people. They knew the answer to all of my questions and let me have my way with their SRT8 charger and Challenger. I still will probably opt for the camaro though, I am a loyalist at heart even when I'm pissed off
Old 12-05-2008, 07:36 PM
Launching!

You have to keep in mind they are still in preproduction mode, and the cars making the show circuits are basically prototypes. They don't want people to evaluate cars that were used to check fitups and do all kinds of testing with. They want to show off the car, but not until it is finished. I would have liked to sit in it too, but the time will come. Just go check it out once they build them, that is what I am going to do.
Old 12-05-2008, 08:25 PM
TECH Resident

I understand that fully but we've been waiting a long time for this car, There was supposed to be a production version years ago. I can understand what you are saying, but the car was a driver, there is no excuse for discourteous behavior, nor a good reason not to open the hood.

I was mostly pissed about the absence of the SS. I could care less about the base car, the SS is what I wanted to see. Then again Ford had a preproduction base convertible mustang and no current or future GT. maybe I'm pissing into the wind, but as a consumer in a time of moral and economic crisis, how am I supposed to evaluate what I intend to purchase if I can not examine it? This is a web 2.0 consumer driven marketplace the sooner gm learns that the better. IMO
Old 12-05-2008, 11:03 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

yeah i wouldn't worry about it man. Wait until the thing hits lots THEN go look at one
Old 12-06-2008, 12:00 AM
TECH Resident

was it black V6? we had one here at Orlando. Exactly how you described it. The thing that really annoyed me was they had a red Z06 with the GMA spoiler on it. the rad on the spoiler and the red on the car was no where near matching. Such a disappointment to see GM would actually allow a car to be seen like that.
Old 12-08-2008, 09:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think they should atleast know how to answer questions
Old 12-08-2008, 10:04 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by venomhp
I think they should atleast know how to answer questions
I know seriously. Gm is very lucky to have so many avid fans who have remained enthused by their performance offerings. I certainly haven't remained a fan based on current products, more or less I have stayed in the hobby to remind myself of the nostalgic 1990's through 02, when I thought life couldn't get much sweeter. Hopefully GM will get some since along with its bailout money and start doing things correctly.

Quick Reply: Saw RS inperson at Boston Auto showcase...