Gen 5 Racing Tech Heads, cam, valvetrain, short block discussion

Did my camaro get ordered today

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 02:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Did my camaro get ordered today

Dont know whats up but the dealership called me today and paul over at ron craft told me he needed to verify my order,he said theres no changing it from now it is at a point of no return...i asked him whats up he said he really dont know but he got a call from (gm) i guess and there trying out some orders to see how they go so they needed 2 orders..maybe from every dealer im guessing,paul said production is still set for march 16 so he dont know whats going on but they needed 2 orders for some kind of testing and i was 2nd on putting in a order...anyone else that placed first orders at there dealer's hear anything.maybe just getting early orders ready /
Old 02-11-2009, 02:32 PM
TECH Resident

Regular production starts March 16th, but they are already building Camaros on the assembly line to test everything. You maight be one of the lucky few who's Camaro is getting built early. At some point GM has to start running orders through the system and building the cars so they can make sure everything works in the ordering process from the dealers, everything works on the assembly line, and everything works in the delivery and purchasing. Thats the positive side of my brain working. The negitive side says GM is just trying to mess with your head LOL! I doubt it though.
Old 02-11-2009, 02:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by EnfuegoZ28
Regular production starts March 16th, but they are already building Camaros on the assembly line to test everything. You maight be one of the lucky few who's Camaro is getting built early. At some point GM has to start running orders through the system and building the cars so they can make sure everything works in the ordering process from the dealers, everything works on the assembly line, and everything works in the delivery and purchasing. Thats the positive side of my brain working. The negitive side says GM is just trying to mess with your head LOL! I doubt it though.
Hope your right.....tired of waiting
Old 02-11-2009, 08:23 PM
12 Second Club

I can't wait til they start making convertibles. I've put a small deposit on one back in September (08) and the dealer sent a confirmation card but I'm still on hold *heavy sigh*.
Old 02-13-2009, 10:36 AM
TECH Resident

I didn't know they were taking deposits on convertibles. I may need to look into this. I really want a convertible 5th gen SS.

Quick Reply: Did my camaro get ordered today