Gen 5 Racing Tech Heads, cam, valvetrain, short block discussion

Saw the 2010 Camaro in person on Saturday!

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 07:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Saw the 2010 Camaro in person on Saturday!

Generally speaking, it was awesome. Couldn't look at it enough. Too many people for me to be able to get in and just sit for a while and fiddle around with everything unfortunately, others wanted to sit in it too! There were 4 at the show, a base V6, a V6 RS, an SS RS, and the Black. The SS and Black were behind ropes.

There was a noticeable difference between the base V6 and the V6 RS interior. The base was more plain and simple, while the RS was nicer with a two-tone theme. Even so, the base had a better interior than my 4th gen. But then, that wouldn't take much I guess Everything lined up perfectly, there weren't any random larger gaps or anything. Things seemed well placed overall from a quick glance. The radio was a little funky looking, and with the climate controls built into it I don't see aftermarket being easy to do. I hope it is a good head unit. Gauges were kind of interesting and I think it would take a little getting used to. The V6 speedo went all the way to 160, and redline started just under 7k RPM on the tach.

I found it easier to get in and out of the 5th gen than my 4th gen. While it doesn't make a big difference to me I'm sure it will be a good thing for some others. Comfy to sit in. No hump on the passenger side The rear window is kind of small, especially compared to the large hatch glass in the 4th gen, but I don't think it impaired visibility all that much. Hard to tell from sitting in it for only a minute or so and not driving it. The trunk is all flat inside, which struck me as potentially better than the 4th gen. However, the opening was a little small, and you won't be able to stick a hood in this trunk like you can with the 4th gens

Under the hood was nice. Plastic engine cover was a little tacky IMO but seems all cars are coming with those nowadays. The best part was the ENTIRE motor was right there. No more reaching under the windshield to get to the back of the motor anymore! Awesome. One thing I forgot to check was how hard it was to get to the spark plugs

I have pictures here if anyone wants to see. I've got a decent camera (Canon Rebel XT) but I'm not a pro photographer by any stretch of the imagination, and my 28-105 lens limited me on the wider shots. Sorry about that.
http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g2...%20Car%20Show/
Old 03-02-2009, 08:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is the black one an ss? not sure if i like all the extra body stuff...
Old 03-02-2009, 08:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

No the black one is the Camaro Black SEMA show car. Not a production model.
Old 03-02-2009, 09:03 PM
12 Second Club

Received 182 Likes on 141 Posts

yea im so jealous i want to see that dam car in person so bad i cant wait any longer!!
Old 03-03-2009, 06:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SparkyJJO
: The radio was a little funky looking, and with the climate controls built into it I don't see aftermarket being easy to do. I hope it is a good head unit.
Ok, I love this car, but I HATE this radio thing. Ughh, whenever people ask me why I don't like Ford, I alays mention about how they screwed the consumer when the integrated the climate controls with the radio on the Taurus several years ago. DAMN IT!!!! Now I gotta find a new excuse for why I don't like Ford that Ford owners will go, "yea I guess that's true."
Old 03-06-2009, 08:01 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

damn
i wish i was you for a day

Quick Reply: Saw the 2010 Camaro in person on Saturday!