Gen 5 Racing Tech Heads, cam, valvetrain, short block discussion

50k red 2ss loaded!

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 06:41 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 50k red 2ss loaded!

A friend and I went to see a fully loaded red 2SS which they said was the first one in Las Vegas! I won't say what Dealer but they used to be Vista Chevrolet(Bill Heard). The sticker price is 40K but the dealer mark up is 10K. Now you tell me why GM is going bankrupt and out of business!!!
Old 05-02-2009, 06:48 PM
Banned

The 10k markup isn't from GM but from the dealer. Still crappy
Old 05-02-2009, 07:21 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone that pays even sticker for a new camaro is either a moron or has plenty of "Fug U" money.. in 6 months they'll be discounted and GM card points will be applicable..
Old 05-02-2009, 07:44 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

yeah he overpayed just to say he has one of the first. i've heard dealers that mark them up a bunch are getting in deep sh*t with GM if they get caught
Old 05-02-2009, 08:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ChoiceCam00
Now you tell me why GM is going bankrupt and out of business!!!

That doesnt have a single thing to do with GM. GM got their money out of the deal already. GM sales its cars to dealers. Dealers sell their cars to the public. That 10k is in the dealers pockets. What hurts GM is when car sales slow because the following orders from dealers wont be as large. It works exactly as retail
Old 05-02-2009, 08:47 PM
WANNABE GENIUS

Originally Posted by evilZO6
That doesnt have a single thing to do with GM. GM got their money out of the deal already. GM sales its cars to dealers. Dealers sell their cars to the public. That 10k is in the dealers pockets. What hurts GM is when car sales slow because the following orders from dealers wont be as large. It works exactly as retail
Upon further reading of his post I did notice it mentioned "dealer markup" to suggest that it was a dealer responsibility lol! It is kinda screwing GM when they are marking up products at a time when people are already reluctant to buy a new car to an outrageous level. This isnt a time to make considerable profit. Its a time to stay above water and survive until the country comes out of this
Old 05-02-2009, 08:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

dealers who mark up screw up the whole system. There is a reason a manufacture releases its MSRP
Old 05-02-2009, 09:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Cole Train
yeah he overpayed just to say he has one of the first. i've heard dealers that mark them up a bunch are getting in deep sh*t with GM if they get caught

GM sadly cant so ****. price fixing is illegal. dealers can charge whatever they like. its up to us not to pay it.
Old 05-02-2009, 10:20 PM
Man-Crush Warning

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by deelong4002
dealers who mark up screw up the whole system. There is a reason a manufacture releases its MSRP
Lol, MSRP= Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price The dealer can charge whatever they want. The dealership I used to work for, we used to sell C6 Z06's with a non negotiable 25k markup. And we had no problem selling them.
Old 05-02-2009, 10:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Supply and Demand, deal with it.
Old 05-02-2009, 11:26 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 01sscam
Lol, MSRP= Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price The dealer can charge whatever they want. The dealership I used to work for, we used to sell C6 Z06's with a non negotiable 25k markup. And we had no problem selling them.
I bought my 2009 ZO6 for 4k under invoice. No way in hell would I pay 40k for a new SS. I didnt even know they were going to cost that much. There are way too many good cars on the market to pay $40k for a Camaro.
Old 05-02-2009, 11:42 PM
Staging Lane

Scummy a** gouging dealers...makes me sick.
Old 05-03-2009, 06:55 AM
Launching!

especially since they dont even tell you about the rebates they get after they sell the car... thats how they can stay affloat selling at MSRP the extra markup is highway robbery and yeah it is why GM is going out of business because theres so many dealerships across the nation that mark up all of the GM products so high to make more money
Old 05-03-2009, 09:29 AM
TECH Regular

Default You Got That Right!

Originally Posted by blades11b
especially since they dont even tell you about the rebates they get after they sell the car... thats how they can stay affloat selling at MSRP the extra markup is highway robbery and yeah it is why GM is going out of business because theres so many dealerships across the nation that mark up all of the GM products so high to make more money
Thanks Man! I just wrote what I saw and it'll be unfortunate that someone will buy that camaro! Don't get me wrong, it is very nice and well worth maybe 35K but, with the way the big USA is, bigger houses, cars, oopps, bankrupt!
Old 05-03-2009, 10:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ULTIMATEORANGESS
GM sadly cant so ****. price fixing is illegal. dealers can charge whatever they like. its up to us not to pay it.
Yes, in a way you are correct. Price fixing is illegal under anti-trust laws.

However, GM is free to "monitor" the dealerships and refuse to do further business with those who have exhorborant mark-ups.

FYI, GM does care about dealer-mark ups. Ideally, GM would prefer the dealerships to sell GM cars for as little as possible because it would result in more cars sold. The dealerships, on the otherhand, want to charge as much as possible to maximize their margin.
Old 05-03-2009, 01:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thumbs down

markups are BS when things are good economically. now its just plain assinine.

i dont know what disgusts me more. greedy dealers or GM not getting these cars out to as many dealers as possible keeping markups to a minimum as to not **** people off.

as ive said before. i havent seen one camaro in this area yet. one dealer claims to have two but when i took a ride by to check they werent around. i guess they put them away yet they have two zo6s and c6s sitting out in the open.

its the same stupid **** over and over from GM and its dealers.
Old 05-03-2009, 01:37 PM
01z
TECH Regular

you got to pay if you want the "hot new ****" just like all those dumbasses that paid 600 bucks for a 2G iphone lmao
Old 05-03-2009, 01:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 01z
you got to pay if you want the "hot new ****" just like all those dumbasses that paid 600 bucks for a 2G iphone lmao
is that iphone co. about to declare bankruptcy? LOL
Old 05-03-2009, 02:56 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 01sscam
In that case, there were alot of people with more dollars than sense! If you know what I mean!
Old 05-03-2009, 03:10 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ULTIMATEORANGESS
is that iphone co. about to declare bankruptcy? LOL
Which just goes to show what is wrong with our laws protecting dealerships. When GM has a sought after car they don't make one extra penny on it, only the dealership cashes in. However, when the dealership can't sell all the cars, GM has to pay for the incentives. Does Apple have to do that if some retailer buys too many iphones?

Quick Reply: 50k red 2ss loaded!