Gen 5 Racing Tech Heads, cam, valvetrain, short block discussion

LOL @ 2010 Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 05:38 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Funny as how we have sold for 5k over sticker every single one of our '10 Camaro's here at my work. 4 SS's and 3 v6's. The large Ford dealership next door hasnt sold ONE 2010 Mustang. Hell couple have been setting on the lot for over a month. Missouri ppl must be smart.
Old 05-27-2009, 06:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The only ones I've seen in houston were v6's and were priced at 40k. i laughed at them and was happy that i had already decided that if i was going to get one then it would be at least 2 years or so after they came out. unless of course i were to get the body in white deal but then they dont want you to drive it on the street.. what a bunch of haters...
Old 05-27-2009, 08:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Build #1
It doesnt matter what people on autotrader or ebay are asking.... I sell the 2010 Camaro and without markup.... you can get a 2LT with RS package 30,900. Add ground effects and a $4400 21 in wheel package and yes you can push the V6 to the Mids and higher 30s. I have 2LT no RS for under 30K. Fact.
That's a shame cause I can build that car on Chevrolet's website for 28,825 (2LT with no options but RS). So you have at least a $2000 markup. Which isn't bad, but still a markup. I realize that's basically covering the delivery charge, but still. My buddy is about to buy a brand new car (cash mind you) and I can't talk him into any Chevrolet because you can get a comparable Toyota, Honda, and Nissan cheaper.
Old 05-27-2009, 08:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Schantin
There will always be dealers who are douches and looking for max profit.

The Chevy dealer here is selling for MSRP, but I would not buy from them based on their attitude with these cars. It seems a "hot new item" really brings out the a$$ in salespeople, despite the economy. I went in to look at a SS on the showroom. I asked the salesman if I could look inside and under the hood. I had told him I wasn't buying one on the spot (just looking)and he said..."sorry, it's locked" and walked away without ever looking back. He added as he was leaving that the Camaro has an engine cover and therefore I wouldn't know what I was looking at.....

Lost my future business. BTW, this was Holiday Chevrolet in Williamsburg, Va.
Every new Chevrolet dealership in Lexington, KY has given me the same attitude. God I hope they are all shut down in the dealership layoff's, I'd gladly drive to Richmond just to be treated like a human being when I walked in.
Old 05-27-2009, 11:20 PM
On The Tree

I sell them Bro, I sell them.............With out Mark Up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hear yourself........what other people say
Here is a clue for you, your dealership doesn't speak for the rest of the Country.
Old 05-27-2009, 11:23 PM
Launching!

I mean no disrespect I sold cars for 8 years,just venting I guess I know how tough car sales can be good luck!
LOL, I am glad that people actually will pay that for a V6 car, Unlike you and me. I would opt for a 1SS for 31k. But some people like bells and whistles, and you say 304 hp, they hook up. Plenty of 200hp V6 Camaros were sold,
Old 05-28-2009, 11:57 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SlvrV6Camaro
Even if you are right, you need to think of price inflation over the past 8 years....you are paying the same for the SS now as you were for one back then.
I am right, but I am not disagreeing with the rest of your statement just that a 2002 Z28 never MSRPed at 30K or more.

It is however correct to point out the lack of inflation of price for a V8 model, although many will argue that since their is no true base V8 that GM has priced inflation at 8-13K more over a base V8 from 8 years ago. But if you use a 3% average over the years it comes out to 28K, seems like a bargain once you add all of the new features that cost more than the basic items the previuos models came with.
Old 05-28-2009, 04:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Schantin
There will always be dealers who are douches and looking for max profit.

The Chevy dealer here is selling for MSRP, but I would not buy from them based on their attitude with these cars. It seems a "hot new item" really brings out the a$$ in salespeople, despite the economy. I went in to look at a SS on the showroom. I asked the salesman if I could look inside and under the hood. I had told him I wasn't buying one on the spot (just looking)and he said..."sorry, it's locked" and walked away without ever looking back. He added as he was leaving that the Camaro has an engine cover and therefore I wouldn't know what I was looking at.....

Lost my future business. BTW, this was Holiday Chevrolet in Williamsburg, Va.
LOL. One time I went into a Dodge dealership and let them know I wanted to finance through my bank, but they insisted on running my credit. After about 5 or 6 of them had a good laugh at my credit score, they told me I couldn't drive, ride in, or even look at the truck I wanted to buy. And then they told me I could look at the display model(truck cut in half) on my way out the back exit.
I was kinda wanting to go check out either a new Camaro or new challenger, but that experience left me kinda bitter about dealerships.
Old 05-28-2009, 04:53 PM
On The Tree

http://www.chevrolet.com/vehicles/2010/camaro/build.do
Old 05-28-2009, 05:42 PM
On The Tree

$21,900 out the door for my stripper hard top Z28 in Feb. 2001. Decently optioned Z's with T-tops were going for $26,000, but they would usually drop $2,000 right off that price if you asked for a quote online. I did it a dozen times till I found the stripper model I wanted.
Old 05-28-2009, 07:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BigBake
You are smoking crack! Base price for a Z28 was 22k, fully optioned out barely hit the 25K mark. My SS at invoice was 26K and if you fully optioned an SS out you would see 31-32K. There was no combination of options that would add up to 8k or more to get a Z28 in to the 30K territory, other than the SS option.
ITs funny, actually I was talking to buddy who had his 02 Z/28 out and we were talking prices compared to todays Camaros. He said he tipped over 30k for his and Mine being a 35th LE SS was near 40k brand new----are you going to argue the 35th LE Price?

Looked up the prices for a new 2002 Camaro Z/28-SS and for Base Models it was 22k Coupe - 29k Droptop and then the listed the 35th LE at 34k.

Last edited by SS02; 05-28-2009 at 07:51 PM.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:36 PM
Banned

2 Camaros in the springs here are 30k+, without 21" wheels or ground effects. It's those paddle shifters I think that really up the tag. I didn't look at the sticker, but they can get up there. I wouldn't pay that much for a V6 that's for sure!

Just because one guy doesn't sell them for markup, doesn't mean other's aren't. Why not charge that much if idiots are willing to pay it?
Old 05-28-2009, 09:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by kain01
That's a shame cause I can build that car on Chevrolet's website for 28,825 (2LT with no options but RS). So you have at least a $2000 markup. Which isn't bad, but still a markup. I realize that's basically covering the delivery charge, but still. My buddy is about to buy a brand new car (cash mind you) and I can't talk him into any Chevrolet because you can get a comparable Toyota, Honda, and Nissan cheaper.
Who would buy a car from a motor division that's about to go belly up?
Old 05-28-2009, 09:45 PM
TECH Addict

Sorry guys,
I just sat in the new Camaro today and I can't find ONE good reason to buy that PIG unless you are buying it for nostalgic reasons.

The Camaro is now a 4,000lb PIG built on the G8 sedan body and it has ZERO room inside.
I'd keep a 98-02 Camaro or buy the new G8, but there is NO way I'd buy a new Camaro.
At least the G8 has 4 doors and a TON of room inside and a lot of storage as well.

GM better get their act together and rebadge the G8 as a Chevy.
If GM lets the G8 die in the U.S. market,
it will be one of the biggest mistakes they have ever made.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:10 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SS02
ITs funny, actually I was talking to buddy who had his 02 Z/28 out and we were talking prices compared to todays Camaros. He said he tipped over 30k for his and Mine being a 35th LE SS was near 40k brand new----are you going to argue the 35th LE Price?
If it is a convertible I could care less because they do not make a 2010 convertible model currently so therefore you have nothing to base the comparison with. They only make a coupe currently and that is what we are talking about a coupe price and comparison for price inflation was made with the 02 Z28 model coupe.

Finally I could really care less for your LE car, it is not even worth a mention in the conversation because of its limited run and special markup for what amounts to a bunch of badges, plaques, and unique stitching in the seats. Once again there is no LE 2010 car so I am not sure what your point is.

I mentioned the price of my SS coupe as a comparison to show where the Z/28 coupe typically left off and where the SS coupe prices typically took over, it is possible to see a slight overlap. But if you paid 30K for a Z/28 coupe then you got taken for at least 5K which was unheard of in 02 because they were giving them away at invoice.
Old 05-29-2009, 03:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 427C5
Sorry guys,
I just sat in the new Camaro today and I can't find ONE good reason to buy that PIG unless you are buying it for nostalgic reasons.

The Camaro is now a 4,000lb PIG built on the G8 sedan body and it has ZERO room inside.
I'd keep a 98-02 Camaro or buy the new G8, but there is NO way I'd buy a new Camaro.
At least the G8 has 4 doors and a TON of room inside and a lot of storage as well.

GM better get their act together and rebadge the G8 as a Chevy.
If GM lets the G8 die in the U.S. market,
it will be one of the biggest mistakes they have ever made.
They are, it's the up and coming Lumina SS.

http://www.autoblog.com/tag/Lumina%20SS/
Old 05-29-2009, 08:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by redz_02
They are, it's the up and coming Lumina SS.

http://www.autoblog.com/tag/Lumina%20SS/
Hmmm, conflicting reports a little. As I understand it, the G8 (if it does get brand swapped) will become the new Impala in the North American market. It's called the Lumina overseas. And I'm hoping I'm right, because a FWD V6 sedan wearing the Impala badge has always been a travesty in my mind.
Old 05-29-2009, 09:00 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by LittleMT
Here is a clue for you, your dealership doesn't speak for the rest of the Country.
That was exactly MY point in the conversation......... but that ok I take this as your clue.

and how could have a Neon as your profile pic when you have a Sick GTO....lol
Old 05-29-2009, 09:05 AM
TECH Regular

Clue #2
Old 05-29-2009, 09:30 AM
On The Tree

As long as we are talking about pricing on these compared to 4th gens, everyone is talking about an 02, that was the 5th year of the LS1 4th gen, and they were trying to sell them. A similarly options 98-99 car had a higher sticker price. I have a 99 Z28, base interior, hardtop, very few options at all, base 16 inch z28 wheels. Original sticker price still in glove box $27,700. This is also an Auto, with 2.73 gears. The 6-speed and SS packages would put that about 33,000 for the time. I think the 2010 V6 and V8, even though I cannot currently afford one, is a good deal. Go buy a 2010 Mustang GT Premium with track pack and all options...somewhere around 38-40k. Go buy a 2SS Camaro with all options. Somewhere around 39-42k. It is a little more, but not by much. Don't base it off of seeing a v6 rs with every little thing on it going for 33 and be like "holy ****, a v6 sells for that much, My god, GM is crazy" No the person who buys that **** is crazy, or just likes nice features on a car. You can get a base V6 car with hardly any options for like 24k. That's a deal to me.

P.S. My Mother just bought a 2009 Mustang with Most* options for over 28k, that was sticker price. You can add **** all day long.

Quick Reply: LOL @ 2010 Camaro