Gen 5 Racing Tech Heads, cam, valvetrain, short block discussion

Late Model Racecraft's Street Stalker Package makes OVER 500rwhp Naturally Aspirtated

Old 05-30-2009, 02:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exclamation Updated: Late Model Racecraft's Slayer Package makes OVER 500rwhp Naturally Aspirated

Well guys the dyno results are in. The first dyno graph is the stock hp#'s. The second graph has our LMR Cold Air Induction System, Stainless Steel 1 7/8 long tube headers with connection pipes, modified factory exhaust(removed resonators) and our stage 2 custom grind cam kit. The third graph is our complete Street Stalker Package that includes:
LMR Cold Air Induction System
A/R 1 7/8 Stainless Steel Headers with connection pipes
MSD 8.5mm Wires
NGK spark plugs
160* Thermostat
Modified Factory mufflers(removed resonators)
LMR Stage 3 custom grind cam kit
Prototype 25% Underdrive Pulley Kit
All gaskets/Crank Bolt
Oil change with filter

Slayer Package Installed and Tuned for $5,999.99

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pD2AweUefhU

As you can see, these dyno #'s are SAE corrected, not STD correction like some of the other shops packages you are seeing advertised!
Attached Thumbnails Late Model Racecraft's Street Stalker Package makes OVER 500rwhp Naturally Aspirtated-2010_camaro_ss_sell_sheet_usethis_page_1.jpg   Late Model Racecraft's Street Stalker Package makes OVER 500rwhp Naturally Aspirtated-2010_camaro_ss_sell_sheet_usethis_page_2.jpg  

Last edited by Worm Boy; 08-03-2009 at 12:31 PM.
Old 05-30-2009, 02:49 PM
On The Tree

Nice numbers but I wouldn't do that to get it there. Especially at that price. Just me though. Still nice to see so much support for the new Camaros.
Old 05-30-2009, 02:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

great #s. very reasonable price imo.
Old 05-30-2009, 05:42 PM
Launching!

You guys are killing me with these badass packages, lets see some track results out of them already! Keep up the good work, and I can't wait to see what a set of ported heads will do.
Old 05-30-2009, 06:07 PM
10 Second Club

Sounds good
Old 05-30-2009, 10:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

NIce !!! good stuff guys
Old 05-31-2009, 02:03 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've twisted and turned the numbers in a few different ways....still having a lot of trouble coming up with $6k for what's included. What in particular makes this so expensive?
Old 05-31-2009, 02:37 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by rayhawk
You guys are killing me with these badass packages, lets see some track results out of them already! Keep up the good work, and I can't wait to see what a set of ported heads will do.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23979
Old 05-31-2009, 02:38 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 02SS:ZEUS
I've twisted and turned the numbers in a few different ways....still having a lot of trouble coming up with $6k for what's included. What in particular makes this so expensive?
Are you joking? 150rwhp NATURALLY ASPIRATED gains with only spending $6k
Old 05-31-2009, 02:50 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Worm Boy

Are you joking? I always thought you paid for the parts, not the amount of horsepower gained. I could understand it if the package came with a set of heads, but we're talking about mere bolt ons with a cam kit included. Thats LUDICROUS!! Do you realize you can build a LSX short block with what your asking for a BOLT-ON/ CAM KIT???!!!???

You price that stuff for a LS1 car and you're looking at $3000 TOPS. No way that price doubles for the 2010.
Old 05-31-2009, 02:55 PM
TECH Resident

if you look at the price break down, you are getting what you paid for. there is no "rip off" or anything like that here.
The items you are getting, as said by the vendor, are the "best of the best" (although i would argue that AR headers are not better then Kooks, but there are approx. 453493845 threads on that subject, lol).

If a person were to go this route for their new camaro, but wanted to knock the cost back a bit, simply substitute cheaper headers like pace setters (save approx $1200), and eliminate the LMR Cold Air Induction System ($400), MSD 8.5mm Wires ($75), Prototype 25% Underdrive Pulley Kit ($300), Custom Street Stalker Badges ($150)....

if you did that, you are now looking at a price of about $3900, assuming the cost of labor doesnt change. However, myself personally, i would keep the underdrive pulley (or at least put on a 15% UD pully) and possibly the LMR CAI (depending on the design when i see it).

The fact is, LMR replaced\upgraded everything that they touched on a cam\header install (the wires and UDP) the people sometimes\often dont change, used a very expensive pair of headers, and also quoted the high end of the cost estimate.
This is a good deal, with results that speak for themselves, from a shop that stands behind its work... although i couldnt site any examples of them screweing the pooch on a job.

Last edited by Johny GTO; 06-08-2009 at 11:21 AM. Reason: spoke before i really looked into it, and was wrong in my assertions.
Old 05-31-2009, 03:20 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor / 7 Second Club

That price is Installed, Tuned, all gaskets, bolts, and fluids. That is the complete turn key package out the door. If you wanted just the parts, of course it would be cheaper.
Old 05-31-2009, 03:21 PM
Staging Lane

Impressive numbers!!! lets see some street pulls of this beast
Old 05-31-2009, 03:47 PM
10 Second Club

It shouldn't matter how much power it makes. If you seriously charge per hp in your shop I'm surprised you're still in business. $6k for a cam, bolt-on's, and a tune is a straight up rip-off that you think you can pull off because it pertains to only a brand new car.

Originally Posted by GoldRust
That price is Installed, Tuned, all gaskets, bolts, and fluids. That is the complete turn key package out the door. If you wanted just the parts, of course it would be cheaper.
So you're saying this particular sponser is charging $3500 for a cam/header installation and a tune?.......NOT including parts, of course....that's just for labor.

Last edited by 02SS:ZEUS; 05-31-2009 at 04:00 PM.
Old 05-31-2009, 05:03 PM
Teching In

At the price....all that needs to be said...**** spending 6g's on that ****
Old 05-31-2009, 05:24 PM
On The Tree

That **** must be JDM! hahahahaha
Old 05-31-2009, 07:00 PM
RCC
On The Tree

Man, some of you guys are a trip. I mean god forbid a shop tries to earn a profit on installing parts they had to do R&D on in the first place. If you think its high, then you dont have to buy it, but the point in being in business is to make a profit. I have done alot of business with LMR and they are not always the cheapest but you get what you pay for, and I have never thought their prices were out of line. To all the critics that think the price is too high, why dont you open a shop,hire techs,buy tools, and all else that goes along with a high hp car business and see what you could do it for. It looks like now that you think LMR is overcharging you could come up with your own package and corner the market there smart guy.
Old 05-31-2009, 07:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GoldRust
Ok so how much are the parts alone?
Old 05-31-2009, 07:54 PM
10 Second Club

Are you the same guys that got an early SS to do developmental work with for your parts and then put 100 hard miles on it and then posted it on Camaro5 for like 5 or so more thousand over sticker?

Originally Posted by RCC
Man, some of you guys are a trip. I mean god forbid a shop tries to earn a profit on installing parts they had to do R&D on in the first place. If you think its high, then you dont have to buy it, but the point in being in business is to make a profit. I have done alot of business with LMR and they are not always the cheapest but you get what you pay for, and I have never thought their prices were out of line. To all the critics that think the price is too high, why dont you open a shop,hire techs,buy tools, and all else that goes along with a high hp car business and see what you could do it for. It looks like now that you think LMR is overcharging you could come up with your own package and corner the market there smart guy.
R&D huh? That's part of being a business. Not to mention, that little motor in the new Camaro isn't a brand new motor. Plenty of R&D has already been done on that engine, as it's been out for quite a while now.

We all understand that a business' priority is to make a profit. This is a flat out rip-off. After parts and labor on this deal, they would probably pocket a minimum of $2000. That's bullshit IMO. However, as a business, they are entitled to charge whatever they want for this package....that, however, does not mean they won't get criticized for it.

Originally Posted by blu1
Ok so how much are the parts alone?
No ****, right? Someone go ahead and be the guinea pig here and pay for this stuff. We would all like to see the reciept to find out where this $6k is going.
Old 05-31-2009, 09:10 PM
On The Tree

This just makes me sick and due to the way this site is ran this thread probably won't be here in a week. Gotta love paid advertising.

Zeus...yes they are the same guys. No proper break in, modded car (warranty voided) that was price gouged like there was no tomorrow.

They can charge whatever they want for and the sad thing is there is a lot of uneducated people out there willing to pay it. Most of those people that will pay that price have the money to throw away and either do not care or don't know any better. If they do realize where their money is going they are just plain ignorant.

RCC - One, you have me green with envy on your warhawk build. Two, why don't you open up a high performance car buisness and tell me where you justify charging ungodly amounts for common mods? Zeus isn't going to open up a shop just as you aren't going to start another buisness for the sole reason of proving a point to someone you don't know. What you could do is charge someone 75%-100% over what you usually charge them for a job and then come back on here and tell me how you feel. Where do you make that justification for over-charging? This is why the race (in particular the LS based) world has gone to **** anyways. Cheap speed and Big thrills is what it used to all be about...now everything just gets **** on by greed.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Late Model Racecraft's Street Stalker Package makes OVER 500rwhp Naturally Aspirtated