LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion (https://ls1tech.com/forums/)
-   Gen 5 Racing Tech (https://ls1tech.com/forums/gen-5-racing-tech-117/)
-   -   2009 Camaro? Where is it? (https://ls1tech.com/forums/gen-5-racing-tech/419262-2009-camaro-where.html)

kpowr82 12-07-2005 06:36 PM

Thing looks like a photochop gone wrong to me.

Hylton 12-07-2005 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by ChrisL
just to add why GM wanted the pics pulled.... think about this.

First impressions mean alot, right?

Would you walk into a job interview desheveled and ungroomed?

Why would GM want the first impression of something this important to be a "half n half" model?

So Chris, are you saying that GM should not have shown the Banshee concept car in the mid 1980's?

kpowr82 12-07-2005 06:47 PM

I don't know what GM is getting all worked up about. To be honest, if nobody said anything to Tony about pulling the pics, I don't think there would be any credibility to them at all. Not because Tony posted them, or even because the email was anonymous, but because the pics look flat fake.

No wonder why Tony didn't think twice about posting them. For those who have seen the pics, doesn't it look like the passanger side of the windshield was filled with the "paint bucket" tool? Also, how two different halves of the front bumper come together seemlessly? I swear, it's like GM wants to see our comments on which half we like better.

chaman 12-07-2005 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by OrigZ
This site holds very little for me...the reason for my low post count. I hardly need credibility amongst this crowd.
Sorry sir, but you need to have a little more RESPECT to this crowd since this crazy bunch of people will be the first in line to get one of those. No wonder GM is doing as well lately huh? :eyes:

kpowr82 12-07-2005 06:52 PM

One more thing, I've got a buddy who was working on a set of wheels for the Buick concept to be unveiled at NAIAS. I just got off the phone with him about an hour ago and he was telling me how, with one month left, GM contacted his company about benching a new set of wheels for the same concept! They said they needed them done ASAP so they could finalize the design of the wheel arches, front fenders, and rear quarters.

I would just hate for something completely different to show up at NAIAS in January and have a bunch of tards raising the BS flag at Tony. Apparently, nothing is final with concepts anymore. Hell, these could be teaser pics of some shit they designed years ago just to spark some interest in the one they're unveiling in Detroit next month.

Sheomet 12-07-2005 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by WECIV
00 Black SS oughtta get a chance. He could have been out of town, seen this post and got excited and just asked for pics. I about crapped myself when I heard about the pics. I have been waiting for many years to see this replacement and was so happy. I think he oughtta get a chance, he had not posted on this thread before and may have just seen the thread, got excited, and asked for pics. How many of us did not get excited? I personally put off studying for finals for two hours just to find the pics last night. I wish a guy with 163 posts, an LS1Tech enthusiast, and an excited Camaro owner would be given a chance seeing as we have been waiting for this for many years.

I agree, state that rule in the thread title or the first post, I'm sure that a lot of people don't read every post in a big thread like this one. :)

Hylton 12-07-2005 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by kpowr82
Hell, these could be teaser pics of some shit they designed years ago just to spark some interest in the one they're unveiling in Detroit next month.

Naw. Based on Settlemire's actions, those pics are pretty close to what they have planned. If those pics were some shit from years gone by, Scott S. would have jumped in here and say the new car is nothing like those pics as he did with Chris Hortons creations.

JCurtin 12-07-2005 07:27 PM

Tony, GM should be sending you a check in the mail. There hasnt been this much OMG buzz for them in who knows how long. All car messegeboards have had the pics, or seen them and deleted them. Leaving open threads for discussion, untold google searches and people emailing the pics to everyone that they know. And those that have yet to see looking everywhere. The internet is on fire. I'm sure ls1tech got hit a billion times today too. No wonder why its slow today. :)

Thanks GM, your on your way to making a car that I would be able to afford and consider buying. Unlike anything else on your lots....unless its a used vette or fbody.
I may actually step into a chevy show room again, before I turn 30.

Danny2tek 12-07-2005 07:38 PM

Well it gets duals and no hump in the passenger side floor!! :jest:

ClemsonT/A 12-07-2005 07:41 PM

i think it looks pretty hot and would definitely buy one if it holds up to my current T/A. Now i just wish we could see a pontiac version.

Hylton 12-07-2005 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by JCurtin
Thanks GM, your on your way to making a car that I would be able to afford ......

Don't hold your breath. Scott S. seems to believe that people are willing to pay a premium for a Camaro over a Mustang. :eyes:

ssŪ 12-07-2005 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by ClemsonT/A
i think it looks pretty hot and would definitely buy one if it holds up to my current T/A. Now i just wish we could see a pontiac version.

I'm sure the Pontiac version would look a lot better. TA > Camaro no contest

/opinion off :jest:

JCurtin 12-07-2005 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by Hylton
Don't hold your breath. Scott S. seems to believe that people are willing to pay a premium for a Camaro over a Mustang. :eyes:

makes sense, isnt that why the fbods out sold mustangs ever since...ever sinc..ever..um. Damn.

Hopefully they market the v6 version as badass. An entry car that looks good enough that the mustang moms pick it instead. And a v6 that joe blow will drive off in because it looks good. Because we all know the enthusiasts cannot keep the car afloat. I'm sure the SS and Z28 will be great, but unless the entry level version sells, I cant see the big brothers sticking around.

Hylton 12-07-2005 08:09 PM

What I said to Scott is I would like to see a 250 hp V6 as base, a 350hp V8 as Z28 and a 450hp V8 as the SS model.

ls1_chevelle 12-07-2005 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by Vendetta
Excellent! Then you'll have no problem getting the fuck out. :)

BUAHAHAH :jest: :engarde:

-Matt

Hylton 12-07-2005 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by hardcorebob

Banned contestant number 4..... :judge:

Nautilus 12-07-2005 08:15 PM

That was a close one "hardcorebob" :jest:

greg_nate 12-07-2005 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by Hylton

That wouldn't make much sense. I hope GM doesn't do that again.

daver02 12-07-2005 09:03 PM

I never read so many posts by kids that piss and moan about GM and then turn around and say they are the true supporters. If the mustang and the challenger is what gives them all wood then I'd be happy to point them to a ford or dodge dealership because im am ashamed to have them linked to the camaro. If a board has its biggest thread by attacking one poster than it isn't much of a board at all.

Hylton 12-07-2005 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by daver02
I never read so many posts by kids that piss and moan about GM and then turn around and say they are the true supporters. If the mustang and the challenger is what gives them all wood then I'd be happy to point them to a ford or dodge dealership because im am ashamed to have them linked to the camaro. If a board has its biggest thread by attacking one poster than it isn't much of a board at all.

I bet you think GM is doing just a fine job and no matter what product they bring to market, you would buy it because after all, it is GM so it must be the best......