Gen 5 Racing Tech Heads, cam, valvetrain, short block discussion

So what should it be?

Old 07-23-2007, 11:59 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So what should it be?

The day will come when I am told I can order the new SS. I know what my costs will be based off of. I understand because of the price I'll receive I can't sell it for a year. I also know I could buy the car one week, quit, go to work for another dealer the next and sell the car the following week.

But that's not the problem: Options are what I am stumped over. 6 speed manual, 6 speed auto. Basic color, RED, BLACK, or a new color that's offered? SS and Leather for sure but what else?
Old 07-23-2007, 12:06 PM
TECH Resident

huh???
Old 07-23-2007, 12:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by mattraypharbor
huh???
Let me slow down for some of you.

I work at a Chevrolet dealer. I still won't be able to order this 2009 car before anyone else can though. I've been told when the information is available I can order the new F replacement. My questions are should it a special color or a everyday color? Should it be manual or stick. I think the 6 speed auto will be offered in this car. On some new GM cars they haven't permitted anyone to buy at GMS or employee discount at the beginning of a model run. If this is the case I won't buy the car. I don't think the car has much of a future. Everyone can return now to whatever they were doing.
Old 07-23-2007, 02:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Say whay!
What is the dealer telling u.
The drive train decision is going to be totally up to u. Askin advice on here about that is like askin which old f body should I buy the Camaro or the Trans Am.
Old 07-23-2007, 02:34 PM
11 Second Club

Sometimes paper thought spagetti in the horn.....gray.
Old 07-23-2007, 04:11 PM
Banned

Let me try again.

When many of you will be asked to pay over sticker for the new SS 2009 F replacement. Because I sell Chevrolet products NOW and I'll either buy the above mentioned car at INVOICE or GMS I am asking this board what the hell would be the most attractive vehicle you guys might buy? ie manual or automatic, what color? I've bought similar cars in the past and sold them soon after for less than what the public can buy the vehicle for but more that what I paid.

If you don't understand the questions please return to watching Harry Potter, Star Trek or what every you were doing, I'll chill!!
Old 07-23-2007, 04:44 PM
On The Tree

So...gimme a buildsheet and I will give you a downpayment.

When can I take delievery of my vehicle??

Well here is what I would want: SOM/flat black paint, LS3 supercharged,solid rear axle,A6,Lightest wheels available(no 22's), Xenon headlights,CD player,black cloth Recaros, high flow exhaust,and spoiler delete.

Last edited by camarolvr69; 07-23-2007 at 04:51 PM.
Old 07-23-2007, 04:48 PM
TECH Resident

lol at Jake and his angry Dad

...get what u want dude, if everyone said "get a pink one with purple hockey stripes" would you?
Old 07-23-2007, 04:57 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by camarolvr69
So...gimme a buildsheet and I will give you a downpayment.

When can I take delievery of my vehicle??

Well here is what I would want: SOM/flat black paint, LS3 supercharged,solid rear axle,A6,Lightest wheels available(no 22's), Xenon headlights,CD player,black cloth Recaros, high flow exhaust,and spoiler delete.
I'll take the same but with a 6 speed manual
Old 07-24-2007, 12:09 PM
Banned

Thanks
Old 07-24-2007, 02:56 PM
11 Second Club

hugger orange with white stripes for me,how much advertising fee does your dealership have over invoice,some dealers can have anywhere from $160 to $600 per car,since they belong to a dealer add group.
Old 07-24-2007, 03:54 PM
Banned

I think we are closer to the 160 advertising fee. I know what I was told I could buy the car for. I was also told we would sell any new F at sticker. I'll bet the first ones to land at a dealership will be sold above sticker. There have been times when GM wouldn't all GMS on the vehicle. GMS is normally a few dollars below invoice.

Remember the new Thunderbird, PT, Cooper and VW arrived? People paid over sticker.
Old 07-24-2007, 08:42 PM
On The Tree

I would just keep looking around if the dealership I went to had a markup...that lets you know that they are not concerned about having and keeping long term customers.
I guarantee not every dealership will have a markup...even though the demand will be high, because some of them have a clue.
If only everyone thought this way dealer markup would not exist.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:16 AM
11 Second Club

we have a chevy dealership,i have seen times where another dealer will give more than a customer will for a car,we had a new 93 Z28 when they first came out and two or three dealers offered us sticker for it.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:36 AM
TECH Junkie

Get a wing and a fart pipe with it!!! And 26 inch wheels they will improve your performance!!!

W
Old 07-28-2007, 10:02 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by camarolvr69
I would just keep looking around if the dealership I went to had a markup...that lets you know that they are not concerned about having and keeping long term customers.
I guarantee not every dealership will have a markup...even though the demand will be high, because some of them have a clue.
If only everyone thought this way dealer markup would not exist.
I understand that attitude. It's a two way street. IF YOU'RE AN ESTABLISHED CUSTOMER, you're price should be different than a ***** looking for the best price.

Everyone is going to want a test drive the new SS. All the magazines will do articles on the car before the car is in the showrooms. I have a very simple attitude towards test drives of high performance vehicles. I think every customer that buys from me needs to know the car they buy HASN'T BEEN ABUSED. Sure, everyone wants to test drive our 08 Z06. I'll assure you it can run 12.2 to 11.8. in the right hands. You're not going to be given the keys for your personal evaluation. You bring me cash, a bank letter of intent, or we put the complete deal together. Then we'll go for a LEGAL test drive. Once you own the vehicle you can do any damn thing you want to it. In my mind high performance vehicles are very close to a wife. Neither are test driven, do you understand?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: So what should it be?