Gen 5 Racing Tech Heads, cam, valvetrain, short block discussion

Impressions from the Camaro Focus Group

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 03:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SS#1531
Every car models have a tendency to "grow up" so to speak. The fact that it took this many years for it to happen to the Camaro is quite unusual. Most cars only take about 2 model runs before they start getting bigger, more refined, and more expensive.
Yes, but there is usually a "replacement" for the slot that the prior car used to fill. Take the Cavalier, for instance. When they replaced it with the more expensive Cobalt, the Aveo was added to fill in the space for a budget car. This didn't happen with the Camaro OR the Mustang, thus lighting my fire so to speak. It's almost like these companies don't care that they've left a gaping hole in their product lineup...
Old 05-27-2008, 09:32 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hydramatic
See, there is the problem! The Camaro really shouldn't be expensive at all! It was meant to be a little personal coupe to compete with the Mustang. That's it. If GM tries to pull this, "oh it's a RWD coupe, therefore it must be out of normal people's price range" ****, I'm going over to the Mustang side of the fence! To hell with expensive coupes!
I would not worry about the price.. Take the new Pontiac G8 GT, I think it's also on the ZETA Frame platform. look at the price and performance of it. fully decked out for 32K, not bad for a lux 4 door sedan right?

I would expect the Camaro to sport the same specs, price to start out at 29K and decked out 32K with a tuned L76 400hp w/DOD M6 and weight around 3700 lbs.

Well I hope so, I have money down on one right now.

Quick Reply: Impressions from the Camaro Focus Group