Gen 6 Camaro 2016+ Forum The forum for discussion of the 6th Gen 2016+ Camaro

Magnetic ride control?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2016, 12:01 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Magnetic ride control?

Ok guys so heres what going on. I was planning on trying to get a zl1 but thats not going to happen so it looks like ill be ordering a new 2ss camaro. My question is should I get the mrc or not. The car will be driven on the weekends only and in the spring and fall and wont be daily driven ever it will taken to the dragstrip occasionally and much more often once I save for some serious motor and drivetrain mods down the road here in a year. But for now just a weekend cruising show car. The car will never see any kind or over or circle track ever just the dragstrip. And the car wont ever be on long road trips either so with that being said should i get mrc or not? Will i need it or even notice it for what i want?
Old 10-17-2016, 09:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

From what I've read, the MRC is noticeable but probably not necessary based on your use for the vehicle.

My concern regarding the MRC is how expensive is that system to fix/maintain/replace...?
Old 10-17-2016, 11:17 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Z Fury
From what I've read, the MRC is noticeable but probably not necessary based on your use for the vehicle.

My concern regarding the MRC is how expensive is that system to fix/maintain/replace...?
The cost to fix it also crossed my mind if its not even necessary for what ill use the car for. If mrc is really pointless for my use then maybe i will opt out of it. Another question is though, does not having mrc have any effect on the driver modes working properly or make using the driver modes obsolete or are they still very effective without mrc?
Old 10-17-2016, 01:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

The driver modes will also affect the transmission (shift points), so there's that. You will get a lot more benefit if MRC is there, but there is still a bit of use without it.
Old 10-24-2016, 09:20 AM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's main use is on the road track where it's a huge asset. You still have tour/sport modes without it if it's just a daily driver, but there's nothing like dialing in the correct setting on the track. It works very well.

Quick Reply: Magnetic ride control?