LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion (https://ls1tech.com/forums/)
-   Gen 6 Camaro 2016+ Forum (https://ls1tech.com/forums/gen-6-camaro-2016-forum-178/)
-   -   MODs for 2016 1ss....What are your thoughts (https://ls1tech.com/forums/gen-6-camaro-2016-forum/1909527-mods-2016-1ss-what-your-thoughts.html)

tlaurin101 10-31-2018 11:58 AM

MODs for 2016 1ss....What are your thoughts

I am new to the treads and what your thought on these MODs and tell me what esle you would do as far as appearance inside and out and for more power, but here is what I have done so far.
Removed wiper fluid reserv. and added cold air induction by Cold Air Induction
Added GM tower brace for the engine
Added Ex heal a film the protects the paint form chipping
Quad Tip Race Axle back Exhaust BY mishimoto also removed secondary cats
Pull fuse #51 makes exhaust sound better
Added a catch can

So with all this done do I need to do a Trifecta Tune or any type of tune for the car and if so what do would you recommend, the car only get driven on nice days in fall spring summer and winter.

Thank for the help.

T

OneSlowV 10-31-2018 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by tlaurin101 (Post 19994837)
I am new to the treads and what your thought on these MODs and tell me what esle you would do as far as appearance inside and out and for more power, but here is what I have done so far.
Added a catch can

So with all this done do I need to do a Trifecta Tune or any type of tune for the car and if so what do would you recommend, the car only get driven on nice days in fall spring summer and winter.

Thank for the help.

T

ported tb/manifold and tune from pray performance and be prepared to be amazed with the power difference. Also get a flex fuel sensor to if you have e85 In the area .

tom's2005gto 11-02-2018 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by tlaurin101 (Post 19994837)
Added a catch can

Thank for the help.

T

Welcome!

I recommend: Catch can, E85, cai, ported TB/IM and headers. And that is the route I am in the process of doing. I will also add a cam and I did a stall converter to work with the future cam, but did it now to address the A8 shudder of death issue. Also regarding the #51 fuse, there are other controllable options such as the wild2mild controller that plugs in to 51 and gives you a remote. Or you can program the NPP valves using HPT allowing you to control them with your mode selector.

mlee 11-09-2018 08:23 AM

Try the new AWE Tuning Exhaust and drop messing with fuses etc