General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Seems like a lot of guys are selling off their "hot rod" parts and or cars?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 02:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Question Seems like a lot of guys are selling off their "hot rod" parts and or cars?

If you go thru the classified sections for both cars and parts it seems like many people are selling their performance parts, returning their cars to stock and also selling off their 4th gen cars? Just wondering if this is due to the current economy or a migration to newer cars like the new 2010Camaro?
Old 08-04-2009, 02:14 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

economy man. Everyones hurting. If it was to get the new camaro you think you would be finding the killers deals you can now.

people are hurtin and need money. Take advantage buy buy buy. After all my commodities will always be worth something we will see about the dollar.
Old 08-04-2009, 02:21 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im selling everything off the SS cause it got totalled back in June, but Ill be back in a f body soon enough
Old 08-04-2009, 10:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a hard time selling anything that I own simply because it only takes care of a problem temporarily and I love having **** to show for my hard work. I have always found ways to make extra income buying and selling on Ebay, working on friends cars etc when I need to pay extra bills.
Living paycheck to paycheck and not having credit cards really limits what I can buy but at least everything is paid off.

I was however thinking of trading my Camaro for a 4x4 truck BUT everytime I am about to list it on Craigslist I stop myself lol.

Sucks seeing people having to sell some of these beautiful cars but I am sure they have no other choice.
Old 08-05-2009, 12:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

As much as the above answers may be right...

Personally, I am have a hard time making up my mind on what projects to build..

STS this week,

454 the next,

Then a jeep,

back to 454,

btw, 454<<<< Thats this week, Im excited about it also.

P.S. Im not "with it" sorry for stupid posts.
Old 08-05-2009, 01:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yea man I drive my friends crazy with my plans for my car.
Within 2 years of owning my car I bought an Aftercooled polished Vortech kit for my car, everyone couldnt wait for me to throw it on BUT I sold it for a profit of $1400 so I had to do it.
Bought a **** load of stuff for my car with that cash and then this year I bought a rear mount kit, again friends were excited and couldnt wait for it to go on. I then wanted to go heads and cam so I sold the turbo kit again for a profit so I bought everything but heads and cam.

Now everytime I say im going to do this and that they just say whatever lol.
Old 08-05-2009, 01:14 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by CO99Z28Vert
Yea man I drive my friends crazy with my plans for my car.
Within 2 years of owning my car I bought an Aftercooled polished Vortech kit for my car, everyone couldnt wait for me to throw it on BUT I sold it for a profit of $1400 so I had to do it.
Bought a **** load of stuff for my car with that cash and then this year I bought a rear mount kit, again friends were excited and couldnt wait for it to go on. I then wanted to go heads and cam so I sold the turbo kit again for a profit so I bought everything but heads and cam.

Now everytime I say im going to do this and that they just say whatever lol.
your story is the same as mine..
Old 08-05-2009, 07:43 AM
11 Second Club

Received 317 Likes on 240 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

I'm just re-building my T56 and building my 408..it was a 402 so all I have to do for that is 30-over Pistons and Machine work.
Old 08-05-2009, 08:01 AM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

Economy & boredom have a lot to do with it. Some folks get tired of a vehicle after a while, and sell it off to buy something else. There's also that "new car fever" that goes around from time-to-time too. It's hard to cure that one