General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Sponsors please read.

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 07:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sponsors please read.

Hi I have had some recent experience with sponsors that I would like to share. This is NOT a bash as I will leave out the actual names of them.

Here are some deatails last Tuesday I placed two seperate orders with two seperate sponsors. I will call them sponsor A and sponsor B.

Sponsor A received a high priced order from me and I received the order today I am 100% satisfied in the products and delivery. I however did not receive one particular item. It was notated on the invoice as being ordered and NOT being shipped. I called them and asked where the missing item was. I was told that it was on backorder and it wouldn't be till next week till it was shipped to me. I told the person I talked to "I wish I had been told that it was on backorder so I could have gone elsewhere to get it. He said "well you could just install it when you get it."

I had received no prior knowledge of it being on backorder through the website or through the 2 e-mails I received concerning the order I placed.

The person on the phone assumed I was doing the work myself and thought it was no big deal. I told him that I was having it done at a shop and it would now take a second trip to the shop for the job to be completed. I had an appointment for install and tune this Thursday&Friday now I have to cancel because all the parts won't be here.

Sponsor B I placed an order on the same day and the price was less than 10% of what total order to sponsor A was. An item from sponsor B was on backorder and the sponsor called and e-mailed me to see if I was ok on waiting till I got they had them in stock. I told them I was so all is good.

Basically I am writing this to let the sponsors know that please do not assume a customer is "OK" with waiting on parts to be shipped when they have ZERO knowledge of them being out of stock.

I'm hoping that the sponsors customer service can improve on their already great customer service records they have with me and many members on this site.

Thanks Have a Nice Day.
Old 03-19-2012, 08:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

appreciate the feedback man. But it is kinda useless for any of us other buyers without names.
Old 03-19-2012, 08:31 PM
TECH Addict

Really, put the names in there, worthless without them. They should be accountable to their customers and the boards they advertise on. The sponsors who have good business practices will get my business, the ones that dont well..
Old 03-19-2012, 08:41 PM
TECH Resident

i can guarentee i know what sponsor he is talking about because the same exact thing happened to me, sponsor a i am referring to.
Old 03-19-2012, 08:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I will ONLY put the sponsor A name here if the Mods or Admins say that it is ok. I will say that "sponsor B" was the WS6store. I only ordered ~$130 dollars worth of stuff and they found it important enough to call and e-mail to ask if it was ok that I would have to wait till it became back in stock. They were willing to refund my $ immediately if I did not want to wait. WS6store gets a thumbs up from me.
Old 03-19-2012, 09:19 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ws6store also gave me a courtesy call on an item that was on backorder. They for sure have my business again

Mark Jr.
Old 03-19-2012, 09:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Chances are, if a part is on backorder at one store, it will be on backorder at many other places too. Granted, that's not always the case, but unless these places carry a lot of parts in house, you're going to be in the same boat no matter where you go.

It's a fairly common practice now with shops. Drop shipping parts to keep their overhead costs down. You purchase the part from the shop, they place the order with the manufacture, then have the part sent from the manufacture to you. Don't get me wrong.. Not all sponsors here drop ship parts, but that's why you call and talk to someone over the phone and ask these things before you order parts. "do you have this part on your shelf"... If they answer "no" then you ask "is it on backorder"... They might not instantly know, so they might have to make a call, so give them your contact info and have them get intouch with you as soon as they find out. In the meantime, keep calling around.
Old 03-19-2012, 09:40 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Names.... we need them.
Old 03-19-2012, 09:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

This thread is merely a way for sponsors to learn from some honest feedback that a customer has had. Not to bash anyone. I have several past orders from "sponsor A" and have been 100% satisfied. Noone is perfect and I know that and I am not mad or upset with "sponsor A" this is just a way for the already great customer service these sponsors have to maybe improve or take steps to see that this type of thing does not happen again. Thanks
Old 03-19-2012, 10:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This section is for forum members to find the good and bad customer service places. Listing this without names does nothing but publicly show people that there is a sponsor that didn't tell you something. Considering there are tons of sponsors, it is basically useless info. What you said is in no way bashing anyone, it just lets potential customers from here know that they may not be told the whole story. Leave the names out if you want, but I personally would have rather you not mentioned shop A at all if you weren't going to let anyone know who it was.
Old 03-19-2012, 11:57 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,468 Likes on 1,059 Posts

Please use the sponsor feedback section for these types of posts, and please include the sponsors names so they have a chance to respond.

Thanks.