General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

gauge problem in 2000 z28 HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2012, 01:23 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question gauge problem in 2000 z28 HELP!

when i got in my car and started it (night time) i noticed that none of my lights came on inside the car when i turned on the headlights...all the gauges still function but i cant see how fast im going or anything. i already checked the little dial by the headlight **** to see if they where dimmed all the way but the only lights that were adjusting were my steering wheel control lights...then those went out 30 min later! my battery reads good voltage,i have a brand new alternator, checked the fuses for the gauges and everything. this all happened after i tried replacing the door bezel lights that are supposed to shine on the lock button and window buttons but that didnt want to work either...pretty sure thats irrelevant but mention it just in case. i dont know what is going on with my car, anyone got an idea?
Attached Thumbnails gauge problem in 2000 z28 HELP!-img_1101-1-.jpg  
Old 03-23-2012, 01:34 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,471 Likes on 1,060 Posts

Originally Posted by Silver_Bullet_Z28
this all happened after i tried replacing the door bezel lights that are supposed to shine on the lock button and window buttons but that didnt want to work either...
What do you mean by "that didn't work", you mean that the new bulb still didn't light up?

If the fuses are good, and the dimmer switch is working and not turned down, then it seems like wiring would be the next most logical thing to check.

Are you sure about the fuses though? I remember once having a blade fuse blow where it was almost impossible to see without holding it up to a good light source.
Old 03-23-2012, 02:09 AM
On The Tree

yeah the new bulb doesnt work either but im not really caring at this point, i just want to fix my gauge lights. its weird cuz my steering wheel control lights came back on but ill go back and check the gauges again.
Old 03-23-2012, 02:30 AM
On The Tree

i went back and found only one fuse that was blown. #16 on the fuse chart, [5A], IP DIMMER. think thats it?
Attached Thumbnails gauge problem in 2000 z28 HELP!-img_1102-1-.jpg  
Old 03-23-2012, 03:03 AM
On The Tree

Yep, I'm reading other threads and that's it. I really appreciate the help man, thanks a ton.

Quick Reply: gauge problem in 2000 z28 HELP!