General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

bad clutch switch?!

Old 05-09-2012, 04:33 PM
Staging Lane

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Default bad clutch switch?!

I keep getting a check engine light for clutch switch po704... my clutch switch is currently backed off the pedal so it's not touching and my cruise control doesn't activate which it shouldn't. when the clutch switch IS touching though cruise control works but the problem I am having is that when I shift gears the RPM's stay up when cruise control is off. almost as if I never let off the gas when I'm hitting the pedal.The RPM's stay up only at the rpm I'm at when I'm driving, they do not raise any higher but they stay the same througout the time I'm shifting gears. This problem only happens when the clutch switch is enabled though... Does anyone know what could be the cause of this whether its a bad clutch switch or malfuction with the cruise control unit please help ASAP thanks
Old 05-10-2012, 02:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

a hanging idle is somewhat a common problem. check for vacuum leaks first. second, take your throttle body off and clean it as well as all of the sensors in it.(tps, iac valve, iat, maf). when mine did that, it went away as soon as i cleaned those up. just remember to use only maf cleaner on the maf sensor.

i don't know how that switch could be causing your problem though. maybe disconnect the cruise control cable from the throttle body and see if it goes away. if it does, you'll know it's something to do with your cruise control system.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: bad clutch switch?!