General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Two questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2012, 06:39 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Two questions

please forgive me if this is a repeat question, i have researched the previous threads and didnt find the exact answers i was looking for or they were from years ago, first question: 2001 WS6 T/A, running american racing torgue thrust type rims, 275/40R17 in front, 315/35R17 in back, will brembo's big brake GT set work on my car? it appears the spokes will clear but not sure about inside clearance, Second question: In the state of CA is there anything i can do to loosen up some HP? is super/turbo charging my only option? are engine swaps to newer GM motors even legal? thank for any info, i have taken a near 10 year hiatus from F-bodies and now i have a little more funds to work with, thanks again!
Old 06-28-2012, 06:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You can get away with an engine swap if its registered as a replacement. I had zero issues doing that. Your ONLY smog legal turbo option is rear mount turbo, which includes its own set of complications. With a supercharger, I am not sure which ones are 50 state legal, I guess you could Google it. Welcome back to the world of f bodies!
Old 06-28-2012, 06:56 PM
Teching In

Yes, ive read up on the rear mount turbos, seems like more headache, whats the guidlines on engine swaps besides the obvious, whats good out there? LS6? recommend any websites to order from? thanks for the welcome, feels good to be back, just looking to do more than suspension and polishing lol