General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Made in the USA

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 09:51 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Made in the USA

Thought I'd share with you this story written by the owner of ARH...

Made In The USA

Made In The USA was always something near and dear to my heart. With the 4th of July just celebrated, we felt there was no better time to express our thoughts on why “Made In The USA” is of utmost importance to us as a header manufacturer. To say that our world hasn’t changed to the point where nearly everything we buy is made outside our country would be like saying gasoline is really cheap these days. We’re at a point where certain items just aren’t manufactured here at all. For many Americans, this is an incredibly frustrating fact and one that affects our country a great deal.

At least since my days as a young hot rodder, there was a slow and steady influx of performance parts made in China or Taiwan that found their way into our speed shops. They were cheap and from my experience, you barely got what you paid for. We knew these parts were inferior then and as far as we’re concerned, especially as it relates to the exhaust industry, they are just as inferior today.

The success story that is American Racing Headers is twofold. One is our relentless pursuit to meet or exceed our customer’s expectations in quality and performance. Second, the philosophy that we can, cost effectively, manufacture our products entirely in the USA with only US sourced materials. We’re blessed to be in an industry that allows us to go nowhere but within our borders to proudly design, manufacture and sell our systems. The byproduct is unmatched quality that has the whole world talking. Thankfully, many performance enthusiasts refuse to settle and if you’re reading this newsletter, you’re probably one of them. We sincerely thank you for making American Racing Headers what it is today.

We wish you all a great summer! ---- Nick Filippides, Owner
Old 07-11-2012, 10:23 AM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks for sharing this Bob, it's good to see there is someone else that feels the way I do. Every time I bring up the issue about Made in the USA I get ragged on. It would be Nice if More of our sponsers would promote American Made!
Old 07-11-2012, 01:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 148 Likes on 134 Posts

I don't have ARH products but I do like to buy American made products. Maybe that's why I don't like imports...
Old 07-11-2012, 03:18 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 438 Likes on 317 Posts

I try my best to purchase American made but as you stated sometimes there isn't a choice. A recent experience this past Spring; I needed white letter tires (for my Aerocoupe) but in the long run they were not available by any manufacturer here. I sure tried, and Tire Rack actually showed the Firestone being made in the USA at the time. It was a no brainer and I purchased them. When I received them, stamped proudly in the sidewall, was MADE IN MEXICO. Nice...The info was either old on Tire Rack or Firestone just switched factories and I missed out.
Reproduction tires are made in the US but my past experiences have shown that reproductions are not only double or triple in price but rarely 'in the round' and extremely tough to balance. Unfortunate but I guess they are made mostly for shows or display vs regular driving. No good.
Best of luck with your company and if I ever need your products I'll keep you in mind. Thanks for posting.
Old 07-11-2012, 04:24 PM
NKAWTG...N

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great story, but this is not the section for it.

Feel free to repost it as part of the Featured Vehicles & Products section for Sponsor's or Racer's Lounge.