General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.
View Poll Results: Extra O2 bung
Yes
66.67%
No
33.33%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Extra O2 bung

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 12:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Extra O2 bung

Here at Kooks headers we are constantly striving to make the best products on the market. As part of that process we are always looking for ways to make our products even better. So we would like to know if adding an extra O2 bung to our exhaust systems so that it is easier to add a Wide band or data logger to your vehicle would be something that would be a deciding factor in your decision making process?
Old 10-11-2012, 12:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Well i can say i like how you have the extra o2 bung on the drivers collector on your headers, made it easier for my wide band. In your exhaust systems, as long as they come with plugs i say why not, its better than having to take the time to cut and weld one in at a later time.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

It's a nice option, but it's not going to surpass the want for better flow. I find a high quality/flowing merger on your Y-pipes would be more of an influence to me. I hate to say it but the merger on Kooks Y-pipe(at least for the 98-02 F-body) leaves a lot to be desired, and it's a shame it's not up to high standards of your headers.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I bought kooks 1-7/8 headers, kooks true dual, and a wide band, expecting to have to have another o2 bung welded in. When I opened up the headers and saw the extra o2 bung already in place I was very happy. That being said, it did not influence my decision because I didnt know about them until after I recieved the packages.

Quick Reply: Extra O2 bung