General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Corvette guys

Old 01-06-2014, 12:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Corvette guys

I have been tossing around the idea of buying either a 03-04 z06 corvette or a 08+ ls3 base car. I am leaning towards the ls3 I just wanted some input from someone who has owned both. Stock vs stock, mod vs mod.
Old 01-06-2014, 04:41 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was in the same boat. Sold my Viper, wanted a C5Z or an LS3 C6.

I test drove a C5Z and pretty much hated it. It felt super cheap. It was nice and low to the ground, but it felt like I was riding around in a hollow plastic car. Rattles all over the place, etc. My F-body felt more solid.

I ended up buying an '07 with the LS2. It was much cheaper than an LS3 car, the shifter feels great (I don't feel like I'm missing out on the TR6060), and I will end up boosting this car in the future. The difference between the LS2 and LS3 isn't so huge when you end up adding a bunch of boost. If you're keeping the car N/A, the LS3 may be a bigger deal for you. I personally don't miss it.

Whether you end up with an LS2 or an LS3, I strongly suggest the C6 over a C5Z. It's much more comfortable, solid, and daily driveable.
Old 01-06-2014, 07:21 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SlayerMaro
I was in the same boat. Sold my Viper, wanted a C5Z or an LS3 C6.

I test drove a C5Z and pretty much hated it. It felt super cheap. It was nice and low to the ground, but it felt like I was riding around in a hollow plastic car. Rattles all over the place, etc. My F-body felt more solid.

I ended up buying an '07 with the LS2. It was much cheaper than an LS3 car, the shifter feels great (I don't feel like I'm missing out on the TR6060), and I will end up boosting this car in the future. The difference between the LS2 and LS3 isn't so huge when you end up adding a bunch of boost. If you're keeping the car N/A, the LS3 may be a bigger deal for you. I personally don't miss it.

Whether you end up with an LS2 or an LS3, I strongly suggest the C6 over a C5Z. It's much more comfortable, solid, and daily driveable.
The ls3 cars are all right around 29k with around 35 to 40 thousand miles. The c5zs are 19 to 23 with the same mileage. I haven't seen any ls2 cars lately.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Corvette guys