General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Hurst shifter/ t56 shifter problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2014, 02:59 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hurst shifter/ t56 shifter problem

I just got a used Hurst shifter in the mail for my 96 camaro. While installing on my t56 today I encountered a problem while putting it in. The 4 factory bolts that are used to bolt the new shifter in all worked except for one.. this one bolt seats all the way against the shifter mounting bracket but does not want to tighten up. I can spin it with my fingers when it's all the way seated. I tried swapping out the bolts and after trying a couple I determined that nothing seemed to be stripped out. I had to go to work so I couldn't troubleshoot too long but my only thought would be to try some washers on the bolt to see if that might help.. other than that I'm at a loss. The shifter is working fine for now except it seems like it's making a little extra noise due to the bolt being loose. What should i do? What are my options? I was under the assumption that this was a reletively easy thing to do but this is causing some aggrevation. Thanks!
Old 12-29-2014, 05:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Not sure why you started a thread to ask this obvious of a question. Determine the correct length bolt and go to the nearest hardware store and buy it.
Old 12-29-2014, 06:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All the other bolts work everywhere else... Why wouldn't this one captain obvious

Quick Reply: Hurst shifter/ t56 shifter problem