General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

5.3 LS angle degree

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2017, 01:42 PM
MDO
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5.3 LS angle degree

I searched in the search bar and on google. I was told my engine needed to be at 3 degrees so I built my engine mounts and I'm at 4 degrees right now. Then I read that its specific for carbonated engines but never anything about fuel injected?

When I search the three key words (engine, angle and degree) it comes up everything for over heating and stuff like that.

If it's fine at 4 degrees I'm going to go ahead and weld in my engine mounts but I just wanted to know for sure.

Thank you.
Old 05-04-2017, 02:05 PM
Restricted User

Received 104 Likes on 87 Posts

Look up info about pinion angles. You'll get what you need. Has nothing to do with carb or fuel injected in this case.
Old 05-04-2017, 06:45 PM
MDO
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JoeNova
Look up info about pinion angles. You'll get what you need. Has nothing to do with carb or fuel injected in this case.
oh I was reading about pinion angle but it was referring to the up/down travel of the rear differential. I will google though thank you for the advice
Old 05-10-2017, 01:37 PM
11 Second Club

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by MDO
Then I read that its specific for carbonated engines but never anything about fuel injected?
I've never seen anything on any angles, never worked with a carbonated engine before. Couple of soda machines tho..

Quick Reply: 5.3 LS angle degree