General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Aeroforce interceptor gauge

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2017, 12:37 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Aeroforce interceptor gauge

thinking if picking up a a Aeroforce Interceptor PT series gauge, is it really worth the $250.00, is it more of a novelty? am i better off running gauges on the A pillar/ air vents like a trans temp, oil, etc...
Old 06-06-2017, 03:03 PM
11 Second Club

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

It's like 30 gauges in one, it does just about everything!
Old 06-06-2017, 03:28 PM
TECH Addict

Its essentially a really cool looking obd2 scanner. You can get a scanner that will do the same thing and maybe a little more for less than half the price.
If you need to check all your stats while driving, then yeah, the gauge will show you as you drive, but if you can wait to park and connect the scanner, you can save yourself some cash.

That being said, I used to have an Aeroforce Interceptor gauge on my z28, and it was pretty cool. It showed me timing, misfires, true rpms, and much more while driving. However I sold it when I sold my car. Now that I have another fbody, I bought a handheld scanner instead.
Old 06-06-2017, 03:36 PM
Staging Lane

thanks guys, im on the fence with it still, i like it with all the options that i can set it for and view.

does anyone know if Aeroforce displays trans temp? is it accurate enough? going to be running a stall soon, if it does not i will just run regular gauge.

as for a hand held scanner i have a friend who owns a shop and can use his scanners when needed.
Old 06-06-2017, 03:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I like my gauge, it is pricey but as stated it's 30 gauges in 1. I have a 6 speed so not sure on the trans temp. If the car isn't heavily modified I would pass and use the $$$ on some go fast parts.
Old 06-06-2017, 03:58 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by conan
I like my gauge, it is pricey but as stated it's 30 gauges in 1. I have a 6 speed so not sure on the trans temp. If the car isn't heavily modified I would pass and use the $$$ on some go fast parts.
thats why im on the fence due to the price. when i do my stall im going to run a external trans cooler i would still like know trans temp more then anything i guess.

go fast parts are done for this season... maybe! i have had the car for like a month, suspension is next and needed.
Old 06-06-2017, 04:40 PM
TECH Addict

Yes it reads trans temp. And from what i could tell, it was very accurate. I double checked a bunch of parameters with other scanners and they were all almost identical from what i remember. They even have a great customer service team so you know youre covered.
Old 06-06-2017, 05:01 PM
Staging Lane

awesome that what i wanted to know most of on the accuracy and if can read trans temps.

having a firebird it does look cool to have gauges in the vents, but i like the "less is more" look.

Quick Reply: Aeroforce interceptor gauge