LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion (https://ls1tech.com/forums/)
-   General LSX Automobile Discussion (https://ls1tech.com/forums/general-lsx-automobile-discussion-118/)
-   -   WARNING: Do not buy from MARYLAND SPEED! (https://ls1tech.com/forums/general-lsx-automobile-discussion/1896622-warning-do-not-buy-maryland-speed.html)

lovecheese45 04-19-2018 01:12 AM

WARNING: Do not buy from MARYLAND SPEED!

Maryland Speed is absolute trash. I ordered Kooks Headers and Exhaust which they told me was in stock on Feb 11th. On 15 April without an update, they told me "You'll get the parts when you get the parts" So I asked to cancel and they refused saying there is a restocking fee... How is there a restocking fee when they drop ship, which I didnt know they did until well after I paid for it.

They are clinging onto their contract by claiming it's a special order. How is an exhaust/header combo a special order when it says in stock on their page and wasnt ceramic or color painted? This company needs to go out of business.

So, I opened a dispute with my credit card company stating I have yet to receive the items and they are just giving me the run around. Tonight, I got the email below with them trying to threaten me and say they were going to be taking money out of my account without my authorization. Which is Illegal!!!! It seems they are just trying to bully me since they failed to deliver their parts.

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/ls1tech...6a40cf0409.png.

BrntWS6 04-20-2018 04:14 PM

They used to be a good company but have fallen hard like many others over the years. Everyone needs to check the sponsor feedback section before picking a vendor to buy from. Guessing you didn't do any research at all since its your first post. Hate to kick people when their down, but the writing has been on the wall with MS for some time now and a quick google search would have told you that.

lovecheese45 04-20-2018 04:34 PM

Yeah, I wasnt really a big member here. A lot of people on a facebook group said to go with them because they were fast. Unfortunately, not only were they SUPER slow, they seem to be shesty. After reading the reviews and their BBB complaints, I quickly learned the horrible mistake.

383z 04-20-2018 04:49 PM

That's why most of us on this site dont use or count on Facebook. It's trash. People on here are real passionate about their hobby.

But, good luck.

pantera_efi 04-21-2018 08:56 AM

Maryland Speed Warning = AGREE

Hi All, I too agree with the OP report.

I am able to STATE MY case : A Pantera customer with MY Electronic EFI package running for ten years, installed then by Steve Wilkinson (an expert) on a GOOD 351-C build (500+HP).

The owner brought the Pantera to MS for a "touch+tune".

Somehow the ECU-882C was damaged by MS in the process (wiring short) and returned for inspection, the circuit board was fried by EXTERNAL SHORT. The board was replaced at LOW cost returned to MS. The car did NOT run correctly AND I was blamed for a BAD replacement board, a board that was bench tested BEFORE shipment as STANDARD. I also explained the original cause of damage to the first circuit board as a SIMPLE REPORT of the now known cause to the OWNER of MS.

The Pantera OWNER called me, a suite for requested money, to pay for MS labor charges for the car repair as the costs for this EXCEEDED $3000.00 for the Labor.

I STATE the MS LIED to my customer, wound him up, BLAMED me for the EXTRA COSTS. (MS lack of knowledge)

The new board was never returned for inspection, never heard from the Pantera owner. My guess is that MS found the external SHORT in the ECU wiring.

I STAND of this as I have the first board in hand for inspection ?

Lance

NHRATA01 04-23-2018 01:12 PM

I am on the ss (sedan) owner's forum and members have been trying to get them removed for months. You had people ordering kooks headers from them and waiting 6 months for delivery. Now find out they still take orders from customers for headers that Kooks themselves has said they are not authorized to sell. I don't think they've been a sponsor on Tech for a few years now.

I made the mistake of ordering a simple Elite catch can from them when I got the SS, ordered mid October, received mid December. Elite had them on the shelf, and MS just drop ships. MS had zero customer service despite emails and then calls. Luckily that lesson learned was relatively painless.

dee99gt 04-29-2018 03:09 AM

I ordered my kooks in July 2017... still waiting.

DarrenWS6 05-03-2018 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by dee99gt (Post 19886542)
I ordered my kooks in July 2017... still waiting.

That is just wonderful Man that sucks. I ordered a Kooks OR/Y on black Friday 2017 for a great deal, with promise after promise of the tentative shipping 'this week', I am still without the Y pipe. I fully regret ever ordering through them over this. I would have gladly paid the higher price to get it from a reputable vendor such as Summit Racing.

Rick01SS 05-03-2018 08:59 PM

Why this place is still allowed to be a sponsor boggles my mind. 6 months with BS line after BS line to get some headers. Never again...

Mike Morris 05-03-2018 09:21 PM

They are not sponsors here. I would do a charge back if you paid by card. They have been doing this nonsense for a few years now. So sorry for everyone's suffering.

NEstyle 05-03-2018 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by NHRATA01 (Post 19882756)
I am on the ss (sedan) owner's forum and members have been trying to get them removed for months.

The SS forum finally dumped them. They got rid of them a week or two ago. It took way too long, but they are now thankfully gone.

RPM WS6 05-04-2018 01:22 AM

Originally Posted by Rick01SS (Post 19889971)
Why this place is still allowed to be a sponsor boggles my mind. 6 months with BS line after BS line to get some headers. Never again...

They have not been a sponsor here for several months, which is why this thread has not been moved to the Sponsor Feedback section.

MuhThugga 05-04-2018 06:51 AM

They used to be great ten years ago. It is a shame how they have pulled a complete 180.

NHRATA01 05-07-2018 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by MuhThugga (Post 19890118)
They used to be great ten years ago. It is a shame how they have pulled a complete 180.

Usually when they fall apart like that after years of good service, they're close to going under and using tricks to keep the lights on. I had over a decade's worth of perfect experiences with Thunder, and while I wasn't involved at the end I saw a lot of people got screwed out of money just before they closed up.

za355tx 05-10-2018 01:17 PM

Just thought I would reply that I also ordered a set of Kooks headers from them July 2017. Received the Y pipe I order 4 months later but no headers. Brandon has lied and made excuses the entire time and even blamed me after I told him I wanted my money back for the header portion of my order at the 6 month mark since he clearly could not provide the headers. That was almost 4 months ago. I just filed a complaint with the BBB and so have about 70 other people. I agree that he doing things just to keep the lights by screwing customers. He told me 3 months ago he would send me a check but still nothing. All us who have been screwed need to get together and figure out how to make this right. He seems to think there is nothing the law can do against him because he has a no cancellation policy...to him that means he can keep your money for as long as he wants to because of his so called "purchase contract made with the order was placed". Brandon needs to man up and take care of his customers who have spent thousands of dollars with him.

Just some other info...I read on another forum that Kooks was refusing to sell to him anymore because other vendors complained that his prices were too low and they could not compete. Of coarse Brandon denied this but it makes sense why most of these orders people never got were Kooks products. Stay after this guys don't let him get away with what is clearly theft/fraud.

99 Black Bird T/A 05-12-2018 11:53 AM

I would ask the credit card company to do a charge back. That's ridiculous.

WS6STORE had a set of Kook's headers to my door in less than a week at a fair price. I'm happy to pay a few dollars more to avoid months long delays.

za355tx 05-12-2018 02:38 PM

Unfortunately most if not all credit card companies will not do chargebacks after 90-120 days. We are going on 10 months in my case. Plain and simple Brandon is a crook.

twins09 05-17-2018 07:49 PM

Maryland speed

I ordered an SLP exhaust for 02 WS6 on March 13. Guess what it hasn't arrived. I've called them several times and here is their response.....it was suppose to come on a stocking but it didn't.....next response....management is working diligently to solve the issue...when I called I asked for management to call me.....they never did. After 2 months of waiting and no communication from their end I called my cc to file a dispute. Branden emailed me and said at that price it comes in when it comes in...sorry for the wait but that is the consequence for being the cheapest....I would stay away from MS

_JB_ 05-17-2018 07:51 PM

Damn, I never saw this thread but sounds like I'll be boycotting them. I ALMOST pulled the trigger on Kooks TD for my car whenever MD would run Black Friday sales, sorry to hear everyone is getting screwed. Hopefully you guys get your money back.

twins09 05-17-2018 08:18 PM

From my recent experience with them I would avoid them. It's not worth the headache. They have a low rating with BBB....Google Marylandspeed reviews....seems other people have similar experiences.