2000 WS6 Build Thread - Page 2 - LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

Notices
General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

2000 WS6 Build Thread

Old 07-07-2018, 10:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

So, to start off I can't believe how positive the response has been on the YouTube channel with the WS6. I've never had so many people subscribe and show real interest in any car til this one! It's awesome, so thank you to everyone for the support here and on other social media platforms. It really puts wind in a guy's sails when things go well!!

I even got lucky enough to have a couple friends stop by and check out the new car! (C3 and a C5 owners)

Today I took delivery of my new Gates water pump. I got halfway done tonight after work doing a leisurely installation. I only stopped because I put a little dab of RTV on the new water pump's gaskets so it can set up overnight and I won't have to fight with getting the alignment perfect when mounting the pump on the block.

Everything off of the front of the engine....

Block cleaned and ready for the new pump. I'll have it in first thing tomorrow...

Tomorrow I'll do the FRA mod as well. I've second guessed doing the rest of the LED installation in the rear of the car til I can put some more thought into it. I didn't "realize" it can cause issues with the cruise control (third brake light...) as well as the turn signals blinking wildly. Now that I researched it and put a little thought into it, the turn signal issue is obvious but I didn't know about the cruise malfunction.

More to come tomorrow!!
Old 07-07-2018, 11:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Congrats and welcome to the F-Body / LS1 family. I'm enjoying your thread and also subscribed to your youtube channel. My `99 TA has 330,000 miles and still running very strong. I've done all the repairs to it since I bought it 16 years ago with 50k on the clock. These cars are so easy to work on. Look forward to more content!
Old 07-07-2018, 11:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by TA_Freak View Post
Congrats and welcome to the F-Body / LS1 family. I'm enjoying your thread and also subscribed to your youtube channel. My `99 TA has 330,000 miles and still running very strong. I've done all the repairs to it since I bought it 16 years ago with 50k on the clock. These cars are so easy to work on. Look forward to more content!
Bahaha! I belly laughed when I saw 330K miles. That's out of control. And to think, people would give me **** for 137K on my C6!!! These things are meant to be driven, why save miles for the next guy? You're also right about these being easy to work on. I had the pump out in about 20-30 minutes of actual working. My friend Dennis was shocked after watching it all happen haha.

Thank you for checking out the channel, and I hope you like what's being put up in the last few videos. I should have another up tomorrow night, if not Monday night. There's a fair bit of time that goes into making a video believe it or not haha. The more well produced, the longer it takes exponentially it seems like.
Old 07-07-2018, 11:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bjohn View Post
. There's a fair bit of time that goes into making a video believe it or not haha. The more well produced, the longer it takes exponentially it seems like.
Yeah there is ... I do know as I'm in the television production field.
Old 07-08-2018, 08:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by TA_Freak View Post
Yeah there is ... I do know as I'm in the television production field.
Ah! Well there you have it haha. I can't imagine the amount of time and thought that goes into editing things for television. My hats off to you guys!

I did finish the water pump installation today. Everything went perfect!

Here's everything all installed...

Aaaaaand the installation video!
Old 07-08-2018, 09:26 PM
Launching!

For the turn signals u just need the turn signal flashers and the HAZZARD flashers there under ur steering wheel easy to change i ordered mine off superbright led.com one is 9.95 the other is 12.95 took care of my problem with my blinkers not wanting to work
Old 07-09-2018, 10:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by one sweet ws6 View Post

For the turn signals u just need the turn signal flashers and the HAZZARD flashers there under ur steering wheel easy to change i ordered mine off superbright led.com one is 9.95 the other is 12.95 took care of my problem with my blinkers not wanting to work
Thank you for this information!!! This is just what I was starting to look for haha. I'll get all of that coming and finish the LED conversion.
Old 07-11-2018, 07:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Quick update! Since installing the water pump everything has been bone dry and the AC is still working perfect. I ordered some parts from UMI who were totally awesome to work with. They should be at my house in the coming days, and we will kick off the first round of modifications!!! Can't wait!!!
Old 07-11-2018, 08:23 PM
Launching!

What did u order crom umi
Old 07-11-2018, 09:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

What did u order crom umi
Here's a quick screenshot of what's coming...

After this is all done, I'm going to get the car dynoed and have everything monitored to make sure it's all safe before I start beating on it real hard
Old 07-12-2018, 07:50 AM
Launching!

Nice. U no tho usually the ws6 store or summit racing is cheaper than umi
Old 07-13-2018, 11:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Did you cover any rear end parts or suspension components when you sprayed the rubber undercoating for the rear end?
Old 07-15-2018, 09:38 AM
TECH Apprentice

Nice. U no tho usually the ws6 store or summit racing is cheaper than umi
I got a killer deal right through UMI

Originally Posted by blackbirdls1 View Post
Did you cover any rear end parts or suspension components when you sprayed the rubber undercoating for the rear end?
I did cover the panhard bar, everything else was open. It was just a quick rattle can type of spray job. Minimal overspray lol

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: