General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Insurance is pissing me off

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 11:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Insurance is pissing me off

I got into an accident about a month ago and am still battling insurance for what they have to pay. The accident was my fault. But I took and got a few estimates and my insurance company refuses to pay to fix some of the damages saying that it is not all related to this one. This is the only one I have ever been in with this car and it was in excelent condition before the wreck. What can I do to get them to pay for everything.
Old 10-21-2006, 01:02 PM
12 Second Club

Sue them
Old 10-21-2006, 01:07 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 94lt1m6
Sue them
and make sure you take a bunch of pictures of how the car looked before the wreck with you to court.

ps. sorry to hear about the wreck man.
Old 10-21-2006, 01:11 PM
On The Tree

that still might not work. i hate ins. companies. nothing but money grubbing ******.
Old 10-21-2006, 01:26 PM
Staging Lane

Insurance companies = legalized extortion.
Old 10-21-2006, 04:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LMz28
and make sure you take a bunch of pictures of how the car looked before the wreck with you to court.

ps. sorry to hear about the wreck man.
My friend works for 21st Century and she said to show pictures of the car aswell. Additionally,....she's say'n.. hold on!

OK,..Hi guys I'm Erica and i'm WS.6 Rampage's friend. I'm the one who works for 21st. Show pictures from before the accident. Also,.you know that car better than anyone else. the adjuster probably didn't understand how when one part of THAT car gets damaged it effects another part a few feet away I.E. loose body panels, impact dents(not part of the actual impact point but appeared randomly on the car as a result of the impact)...etc. Thirdly,.....and this is VERY IMPORTANT,.........take it to a shop quick and if you have a friend who's a certified mechanic or if you can quickly "make a friend" and have him sighn off on the damage of the car as being a result of the accident then your good.(Use common sence though) Usually people see a check in the mail not even a week after that. goodluck.
Old 10-21-2006, 09:21 PM
TECH Resident

If it was your fault, then you have full coverage, didnt they take pictures of your car before they covered it?
Old 10-23-2006, 08:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yes it was my fault, and yes I do have full coverage, but no they did not take pictures when I got the coverage. But I myself do have many picts of my car and was thinking that I would be showing them a few that I took just a month before this happened. I got word on Friday from the insurance company themselves that they would be fixing some more of the car but I would not receive another check and they would deal with the body shop on that. So I guess the majority of the damage is being covered, but I am still unsure on if everything is. I just hate this insurance ****, hopefully I can get this settled sometime soon.