General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Service Manual DVD's - thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2006, 07:47 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Service Manual DVD's - thoughts?

I have 3 different GM vehicles in the Driveway; ( 2ooo Trans AM + a 98 & o3 ZR2 Blazer, ) so I was looking at the service manual information that you can get now on DVD's.

I looked at Flea-Bay with little luck ( I guess I cant search for a hill of beans ) and thought that I'd pose it out to yall in "Z-Land."

I found this Service-Bulletins.com site and was wondering if anybody has dealt with this and or knows where I can get one for of-course less?

The paper manuals are ~95.oo - 125.oo for a specific vehicle and I thought that being that there are tons of them in there + the ones that I have that it would be worth it.

Printing the pages out is not an issue as I can do it at work as long as I buy the paper.

Thoughts?
Old 12-11-2006, 09:55 PM
12 Second Club

Received 15 Likes on 5 Posts

I have that one, I found it on eBay. I think it was around $30. Mine covers from '98 to '04. It has detailed repair instructions for most of the car's systems. I use it whenever I'm thinking about doing a mod or repair. It shows the different tools you need to do the job. It is handy to have. I sometimes print out repair instructions if they are tricky, or need torque specs. Otherwise, I just read it from the screen.
Old 12-11-2006, 10:26 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Timber - what Im really after is the wiring schematics for the cars - does it come w/ that? I have yet to get a reply from the seller.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:03 PM
12 Second Club

Received 15 Likes on 5 Posts

Yes, they have wiring diagrams called "Power Distribution Scematics" which is broken down in 19 catagories like :
"ABS BAT SOL, ABS BAT-2, HORN, H/L DOOR-HORN, LH HDLP DR, RH HDLP DR, and TCS BAT Fuses " They are block diagrams showing the item, the wiring path and color, and the junction/connector blocks.

Another section is called "Ground distribution scematics" and it is broken down into 15 catagories.

Each scematic has the zoom and print options.

Hope this helps...