General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Inconsiderate Parking Lot People.

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2007, 09:03 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I too park as far away from civilization as possible when parking my car (girls just don't understand lol). Not only to avoid keying but I HATE the parking lot game.
Old 01-07-2007, 09:15 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I always park far way or next to the divider. No matter how far away it is. I alway find a spot that doesnt allow someone to park next to me.
Old 01-07-2007, 09:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I always try to park next to some sort of concrete divider/plants so there is 1/2 the chance that I'll get nailed.
Old 01-07-2007, 09:35 PM
TECH Regular

When I do take the car out to a Shopping center/Mall, I always park far away from away everyone else. I would rather walk a bit more than get my car fucked up .I learned after the first two weeks of owning the car. The funny thing is that the girls that I take out don't understand, and hate having to walk. But oh well!

The worst was during holiday season, there are no parking spot. The few that you do find are freakin small and next to beater cars.
Old 01-08-2007, 05:31 PM
Launching!

Unless I'm with my club, I avoid parking lots with the main car. A lot of ******** are out there so you just have to trust your instincts and park as good as possible. You really can't avoid lots 100%, but the times when you don't have to use them, don't.
Old 01-09-2007, 04:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Only took 1 day to fix.. I get the car back tomarrow.

only like 210 bucks total apparently.

so..........not bad.

I'm parking in front of the lobby from now on. I'm not parking with those animals.
Old 01-09-2007, 04:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Lucky for me, I guess, I have handicap parking privledges for life so I can park up front and the spaces are alot wider than normal spots to allow for van unloading so I do not have to worry about dings
Old 01-09-2007, 06:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah if you can't park away from all cars and you have to be at least next to one check thier doors and see if the paints still on the edge too. I always at least do that to decide who I trust parking next to if there's not a real nice car to park by.
Old 01-09-2007, 07:17 PM
Launching!

The first day I got my car I drove it to work and someone hit it and left. Like two weeks later some girl hit it and actually came in and told me but she didnt mess it up. Parking it at high school also sucks. Last year this kid I know was driving through the parking lot and some guy threw a rock through his back windshield.
Old 01-09-2007, 07:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

That sucks man! At least it was cheaper than you thought it would be. I was having this exact discussion with some guys in my club the other day. We can park far out in an empty parking lot and it never fails that some idiot will be parked right next to you when you come out. I don't understand it. My friends always make fun of me for parking so far away from everything, and most people just don't care what their cars look like. It makes me mad that people can't respect us trying to keep our nice cars nice.
Old 01-10-2007, 04:55 AM
On The Tree

no matter where i park my Z in parking lots, which i usually park in the way back, sum one always parks next to me.
Old 01-10-2007, 05:27 AM
Teching In

My friend (drives a crossfire) does the same parking lot method of parking as far away as possible. The last time someone decided to park next to him though the whole lot was empty he waited for him and asked why he parked RIGHT next to him. The guy said he liked the way his car looked and would like to see it again when he came back so he parked next to it.

He told him that you can still see the car had you parked x amount of spaces away. The conversation kinda ended there. I have other friends that leave people a note on the other person's car saying; "Please do not to park so close to ANY nice car especially ones that are obviously parked far from the rest , for you do not understand the amount of love we enthusiast have for our cars.You wouldn't mind if i accidentally grabbed your MOM's breast... would you? Thank you and good day."
Old 01-10-2007, 05:35 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by jack stephen
I have other friends that leave people a note on the other person's car saying; "Please do not to park so close to ANY nice car especially ones that are obviously parked far from the rest , for you do not understand the amount of love we enthusiast have for our cars.You wouldn't mind if i accidentally grabbed your MOM's breast... would you? Thank you and good day."

thats awsome!
Old 01-11-2007, 06:41 AM
TECH Addict

I park in the last spot away from everybody everyday. Sorry to see that happen to ya
Old 01-11-2007, 10:32 AM
TECH Veteran

One time I parked at a Super Walmart towards the very back(maybe two football fields away) not even a car for 75 ft.

I go inside do my shopping and what not, and then come back outside and find a shopping cart resting on my back bumper....

My gf looks at me without even me opening my mouth and she says "Babe, calm down its not a big deal!"

I picked up the cart and throw it(very heavy, didnt go to far )..I was soo pissed.

Trust me, this sort of thing really bugs me when I go outta my way to take care of my things, and people deliberately go out of their way to **** people like me off.

Now I go to the store in my gf Beetle(I know its gay, but I dont care)

-Inconsiderate shoppers at walmart-
Old 01-11-2007, 12:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Shinerbock07
One time I parked at a Super Walmart towards the very back(maybe two football fields away) not even a car for 75 ft.

I go inside do my shopping and what not, and then come back outside and find a shopping cart resting on my back bumper....

My gf looks at me without even me opening my mouth and she says "Babe, calm down its not a big deal!"

I picked up the cart and throw it(very heavy, didnt go to far )..I was soo pissed.

Trust me, this sort of thing really bugs me when I go outta my way to take care of my things, and people deliberately go out of their way to **** people like me off.

Now I go to the store in my gf Beetle(I know its gay, but I dont care)

-Inconsiderate shoppers at walmart-
I was at walmart with the wife waiting to meet up with my dad, who turned out later he already left as we were waiting. As I am sitting out in my car, parked in the very back of the parking lot, some riced out civic comes back there and parks a few spaces away from us, closer to the building. As he gets out there is a cart nearby him, I tell the wife as he moves towards it "look he is going to put away the cart because he doesn't want it to hit his car, why don't other people put their carts away?" At about that time, the peckerhead pushes the cart TOWARDS my car, he even acknowledges the car is there, but must not have seen us sitting in the car, and he walks away.

Cart comes to rest about 2 feet from the driver door (good side of the car...) and I get out, the ricer is already long gone, ducked into some cars and I couldn't find him. I push the cart back to his driver door, not only do I take this cart back there, but I go grab every loose cart around, and surround his car by them.

First time I have ever been so pissed I would do something like that to someone else... Even stuck around an extra 15 min to just to chew the ******* out, either he knew we were there and hiding maybe or he just took that long.
Old 01-11-2007, 12:28 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by jack stephen
I have other friends that leave people a note on the other person's car saying; "Please do not to park so close to ANY nice car especially ones that are obviously parked far from the rest , for you do not understand the amount of love we enthusiast have for our cars.You wouldn't mind if i accidentally grabbed your MOM's breast... would you? Thank you and good day."
hmm i might do that this summer when the car is out if some *** clown decieds (sp) to park next to me out in BFE .......and that is one thing in my life that never fails along with the looks of " hey is that your dads car" ******* ********
Old 01-11-2007, 01:17 PM
11 Second Club

I always parked in the back of a lot and walked a little more. Exercise is good I don't mind the guys that take up two spots way in the back. More power to you I say. But the asshats that take two spots way up close **** me off.

A few times I have parked directly next to them (at the same angle) just to make a point. Of course this is with a 92 Dodge van that has rust, scratches and dents. If they keyed that beast I probably wouldn't notice it
Old 01-11-2007, 08:01 PM
On The Tree

The morning after I bought my car, it got a big dent in the side of it, right above the RL wheel. I was at a work, which was located in a strip mall. It was early, I was the ONLY person out there!!! I come out, no cars in the entire freaking lot, and i've got a big dent. Intentional vandalism. I had a razor blade put in one of my tire's on my old car a few weeks before, my boss had a razor blade put in her tire a week later, and then - another co-worker had her window smashed. Pisses me off that someone would go out of their way to vandalize my car. I've since had another ding put in the car, while I was parked in the very back of a shopping-center parking lot. I ALWAYS park far away. Sometimes I think that just makes your car a target though. As for the comments about girls - I've seen guys open doors and hit cars on many occasions too. It's not an issue of sex -it's an issue of people being too inconsiderate and in a hurry to even LOOK or care.
Old 01-11-2007, 08:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

When i actually brave enough to drive my car to school i park by the grass or as far away as possible, but people love parking next to me no matter what, i get on my girlfriends nerves looking for somewhere to park so i usually just drive my truck. But when i'm sittin in my truck at school i almost always see some *** park close to someone and open their door into another car, just ignorance..