General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Inconsiderate Parking Lot People.

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2007, 11:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Inconsiderate Parking Lot People.

Inconsiderate *****.

Last night parked at work someone ran a door into my driver side rear view housing. Cracking it straight thru about 6-7 inches and knocking off a 2-3 sq. inch chunk along with completely knocking out the entire mirror. I'm assuming the entire housing will have to be replaced and repainted?

No note.. No one was parked next to me in the morning. $500 deductible (which I think I'm gonna change). Car goes in Tuesday.

Think it will be under $500? I only have to pay up to 500..
Old 01-06-2007, 12:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I usually just park in the middle of the parking line that way there is plenty of room on both sides of me .
Old 01-06-2007, 01:03 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by snake charmer
I usually just park in the middle of the parking line that way there is plenty of room on both sides of me .
if you're saying that you take up 2 spots... that's a damn good way to get your car keyed.
Old 01-06-2007, 01:34 PM
On The Tree

I park at at the EXTREME edge of the lot, as close to one of the concrete/grassy divider things as I can get. I don't mind walking!
Old 01-06-2007, 01:37 PM
12 Second Club

Indeed...I try to park as far away as possible. Its hard sometimes, being at a college with a small parking lot. I used to park off to the side of the lot, under a large oak tree on the grass, until the friendly city cop started writing me a $15 ticket every day, even after I talked to him and explained my situation.
Old 01-06-2007, 01:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think everything these days costs more than $500 to fix. That blows man - my car got keyed for no reason last summer. I seriously believe that I if I had caught them in the act that I would have beat them until they stopped moving. My deduct. is $250, so it wasn't the end of the world- It just pisses you off.
Old 01-06-2007, 02:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jbuerke142
if you're saying that you take up 2 spots... that's a damn good way to get your car keyed.
Five plus years so far and I have not had any problems . Hope you are not saying you would key someone that is protecting their baby .
Old 01-06-2007, 08:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

I usually park my TA in my garage and take my beater
Old 01-06-2007, 08:54 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BananaHead
I park at at the EXTREME edge of the lot, as close to one of the concrete/grassy divider things as I can get. I don't mind walking!
lol....same
Old 01-06-2007, 09:07 PM
TECH Regular

I can tell you did this..... a woman.

A door would not have done that much damage though. It may have been one of your neighbors. Maybe for parking in two spots all the time......
Old 01-06-2007, 10:29 PM
TECH Resident

Five plus years so far and I have not had any problems . Hope you are not saying you would key someone that is protecting their baby .
yeah, i make a regular habit of keying cars.
i'm saying that TONS of people have it happen. it's pretty common knowledge that parking in two spots in an invitation to get fucked with. out of 10+ calls i've taken when peoples' cars have been keyed, all but 2 were parked in multiple spots.
plus if you do it in a full parking lot you're not protecting your baby, you're being rude.

Originally Posted by BananaHead
i do the same thing, park right up on it so there's lots of room on the other side.
it never fails though, no matter how far away you park in a practically empty lot, some jackass will park right on top of you.
Old 01-06-2007, 10:40 PM
TECH Addict

each one of my tires gets a parking spot i take up 4 that are the farthest away i can see...
Old 01-06-2007, 11:53 PM
TECH Regular

i dont think it would neccesarily be a woman, just some ******* in a truck or suv who has no clue... i know lots of dudes who werent raised to respect vehicles at all.

i would never mess with another persons car, but i gotta tell ya i think its also real rude to intentionally take up 2 spots. even when the lot isnt really packed its just not good parking karma imo.

i always park far out, and if its really packed i'll come back later.
Old 01-07-2007, 12:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

I always park next to a concrete divider about halfway through the parking lot, I spend to much time making my car look good to have so careless ******* fukk it up on me. Plus walking is good excersise so it's a win/win situation
Old 01-07-2007, 04:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by badhoopty
i dont think it would neccesarily be a woman, just some ******* in a truck or suv who has no clue...

I work right next to the biggest gentlemens club in Tempe.

and they tend to park in our lot. I remembered seeing a Lincoln Navigator next to my car earlier in the night and thinking to myself (damn, that guy is parked real close to me). I never saw another car near mine all night.

I was parked neatly backed into a spot right next to a parking light... nothing obnoxious or taunting.

oh well.. ive and learn.. I think my biggest mistake right now is the 500 deductible.. wtf was I thinking.
Old 01-07-2007, 04:48 AM
TECH Resident

see if you can find a mirror on ebay or at wrecker and install yourself(its not too expensive, maybe 150, 300 if you gotta get it painted) help out your ins. by not makin a claim. I could rant all day about how careless people are (yes especially women) so I try not to park my TA at all, lol and Im on pins and needles when I do, gotta wonder how the Ferrari guys feel!
Old 01-07-2007, 11:05 AM
Launching!

try and get a parking spot like this next time! I saw this at Best Buy last week, best spot ever:

Old 01-07-2007, 01:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BiggCmass
try and get a parking spot like this next time! I saw this at Best Buy last week, best spot ever:

That spot should have a sign that says "'Vette parking only"!
Old 01-07-2007, 02:29 PM
TECH Resident

lol, it better say "corvette" too, my cousin used to tell the ladies he had a vette all the time....unfortunately it was a chevette(shitvette)
Old 01-07-2007, 05:57 PM
On The Tree

well atleast you dont have to park you're car's in a high school parking lot were any nice car will get beat to **** because people are
a$$ holes for no reason.