General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

prvious borla/borla owners

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 10:47 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default prvious borla/borla owners

ok, i'm thinking about getting rid of the borla on my car, it was nice until i got the long tubes an ory..and now its UBER raspy..lol. i know it will be my own decision in the end and im spending time on ls1sounds. who all has had about the same setup as me with the borla, did you like it and why/why not? if you changed your setup, why? im looking for something i bit less raspy. some of those clips are hard to hear good, but im just looking for a general direction to look at an exhaust. something smoooooooth(er). magnaflow sounded ok, as did corsa...thoughts?
Old 02-18-2007, 11:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

If I were to get rid of my Borla it'd be either for a corsa or a GMMG CME. I've got long tubes but I have high flow cats. I hear that raspyness that your talking about and yes it can get annoying but at other times it sounds good, guess it's just what mood I'm in.
Old 02-19-2007, 12:34 AM
Launching!

i do believe i like the corsa alot..lol, after listening to a clip on t he website...quiet(er) till you get down on it
Old 02-19-2007, 01:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I love the sound of corsa, but its hella expensive

I also like the sound of hooker if your looking for something cheaper.
Old 02-19-2007, 01:30 AM
Launching!

i did look into those as well, but i figure, i will be selling my borla, i should def get a couple hundred for that so that way the corsa will prob be as much as the hooker when all is sold..or get it used..so many options...so little money..thats why i HATE midnight shifts man, all i do is ponder how to spend money i DONT HAVE..lol..yet
Old 02-19-2007, 05:10 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have MAC mids and my adj Borla was raspy as hell. I welded in a couple of Random Technology bullet cats and it got rid of the raspy sound, however, I still didn't care much for the fact that the Borla sends everything through one pipe ... especially in the winter ... one tail tip would be fogging and the other woudn't. With any of the plates installed the loudness was good, but, not clean or throaty enough.

Changed my exhaust 4 different times. Wouldn't you know the best, throatiest, meanest sound ended up being through the cheapest stainless setup on the market ... Magnaflow and a new cat-LESS ORY with Flowmaster Y-junction. I love it and it draws comments and stares like you would not believe, especially from the Cobra community. I have heard a lot of cars since with about every exhaust setup imagineable and my cheap exhaust setup sounds better than any other I have heard. I only wish I had done it first befoe spending oiver $5,000 on various setups and modifications to those setups.
Old 02-19-2007, 05:26 AM
Launching!

good deal..about how much did u spend on that? about the same power as well?
Old 02-19-2007, 09:43 PM
TECH Resident

My exhaust mods are in my sig, along with a vid of it too. I love Borla, Im one of the die hards for it. The only difference about mine is that my Borla tips were trashed so a buddy had some stock Z28 tips that I threw on there, cleaned up the rasp well i think, also made it not drone on the freeway, but it still screams when it needs to.
Old 02-19-2007, 11:04 PM
TECH Regular

I have GMMG and LT's...I first had an ORY and I thought it sounded mean as hell at WOT. But driving around town the sound just seemed ''dirty.'' So I got a catted Y pipe and now it sounds much much better, it really cleaned up and refined the sound, i'm very happy with it.
Old 02-20-2007, 04:53 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SIC FUQR
good deal..about how much did u spend on that? about the same power as well?
The Flowmaster Y-Junction replaced the MAC Y-Pipe collector and cost $35.00. The Magnaflow catback online was $20.00 including shipping ... no tax.
I decided to just go ahead and buy a new Y-Pipe because it was only around $200 brand new and my old one was butchered up from the customized exhaust I had from the past exhaust setup. I have ZERO rasp ... just good thoraty, quality, loud, clean sound from idle thoruough the entire rpm range on up past 7000 rpm.

The catback fits like a glove and the easiest I have installed.
Old 02-20-2007, 06:15 AM
Launching!

OOOOOH..i was thinking you had the the flowmaster joint with the whole magnaflow catback exhaust system..you just have the cat back on the borla..damn..sorry...i work a lot of midnight shifts...so i dont sleep much..its like this !SLEEP