General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

The General's new marketing!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 11:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default The General's new marketing!!

Anyone in here seen the new Chevy comercial?!!.....****'n finally GM is put'n some decent marketing out there now!.... I don't know if allot of you guys out there remember but who remembers when the General tried marketing ALL of our 4th gen f-bodys when they first came out? (camaro/firebird) ....OMG!,.they sucked! The only one I actually liked was the one where the T/A ate another car....but that was it. The comercial I just saw with all the high profile names in it drive'n their Chevys was actually pretty decent. Hopefully,......they up their marketing more. I'd hate to see the new camaro go out like the 4th gens. The General better advertise that monkey better than FORD advertises their Mustangs!

K......thats my rant for now! Just had to voice that!
Old 02-25-2007, 11:06 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WS6 Rampage
Anyone in here seen the new Chevy comercial?!!.....****'n finally GM is put'n some decent marketing out there now!.... I don't know if allot of you guys out there remember but who remembers when the General tried marketing ALL of our 4th gen f-bodys when they first came out? (camaro/firebird) ....OMG!,.they sucked! The only one I actually liked was the one where the T/A ate another car....but that was it. The comercial I just saw with all the high profile names in it drive'n their Chevys was actually pretty decent. Hopefully,......they up their marketing more. I'd hate to see the new camaro go out like the 4th gens. The General better advertise that monkey better than FORD advertises their Mustangs!

K......thats my rant for now! Just had to voice that!
agree and nice rant
Old 02-26-2007, 12:22 AM
TECH Addict

lol,........thanx!
Old 02-26-2007, 11:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Haha yeah nice rant and I agree. I mean I can see how GM or even Dodge may be "commericalizing" for a smaller crowd ie the f-bods and vipers, but cmon you still have to have decent commericals to advertise your product! Ford doesn't even do a decent job marketing the mustang and apparently it's "America's #1 Muscle Car" Give me a break. I hope they realize what great products they do have and start showing them off.
Old 02-27-2007, 12:44 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Allergik2dyin
Haha yeah nice rant and I agree. I mean I can see how GM or even Dodge may be "commericalizing" for a smaller crowd ie the f-bods and vipers, but cmon you still have to have decent commericals to advertise your product! Ford doesn't even do a decent job marketing the mustang and apparently it's "America's #1 Muscle Car" Give me a break. I hope they realize what great products they do have and start showing them off.
Actually,..(don't kill me) ...Fords always done a decent job with their advertisements. We may not be huge fans of the Mustangs but lets be honest,......Ford advertised the living **** out of it!! I think I even remember there being 5 different comercials go'n on at the same time when this new generation of stangs first came out. Everytime I was watch'n TV and the comercials hit,...I'd be stare'n at a frig'n stang or at the very least an F150 but rarely was I see'n anything from GM and if I was.....it was a Pontiac VIBE or a piece of **** SSR......Give me a break!!

Don't get me wrong,......I love GM..... but if they **** up the advertising on the new Camaro or anything else they come out with,.......their FUCKED!!! Thats why I was happy to see that comercial......but guess what........I wrote this thread a few minutes after I saw the comercial arround this time yesterday and I haven't seen one ****'n GM comercial since!!!

How the hell does GM expect to Fix their sales numbers if they don't ******* advertise more?!?!?!!!!!!

Last edited by WS6 Rampage; 02-27-2007 at 12:53 AM.
Old 02-27-2007, 01:13 AM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i don't know about you guys, but i can't stand the GM president's day sale one where they do a rap beat to "hail to the chief". every time i hear that, i want to throw my TV through the window.

i think GM's going to be turning up pretty soon. overall, their advertisement is better. i like the way they're playing on being a pro-american brand and i think some of their new designs are very nice. i'm kind of disappointed with their models under the chevy name, but i really like some of the newer pontiacs. they're very original. i really like this new G8 coming out. i'm only 20 now, but it would be a top choice for a future family car for me. i'd love to have a nice sedan like that to cart a family around with, then keep my formy for a toy car in the future when money's not so tight. the cadilliac line IMO is awesome. look at the cadillac lineup 15 years ago and look at it now. it's been through a serious overhaul. cadillacs 15 years ago SUCKED. cadillacs 10 years ago sucked. they unveiled the CTS and it was all up from there. i'd love any of the newer cadillacs, especially a pullied STS-V in front of a 6L80.
Old 02-27-2007, 01:20 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
i don't know about you guys, but i can't stand the GM president's day sale one where they do a rap beat to "hail to the chief". every time i hear that, i want to throw my TV through the window.

The G8 does look nice. I love the look of the front end! SEXY!!!
Old 02-27-2007, 01:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I agree to some extent, but this was by far the best f-body commercial.

Stop Light Commercial

In fact, I remember recording it onto VHS and then onto cassette because I loved the sound so much.
Old 02-27-2007, 11:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i hope they make some bad *** commercials for the new camaro, but truth is, it is getting good publicity already--starring in the new transformers movie (in case you haven't been following, it starts out as a 2nd gen, gets it's *** beat by a new mustang cop car, comes back as the new camaro and beats the mustangs ***), and there is a chance that it will be the car in the new knight rider movie as well. regardless of whether or not they do good commercials, they are going to sell at least one, and it is going to be sitting in my garage
Old 02-27-2007, 11:53 AM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nssane
and there is a chance that it will be the car in the new knight rider movie as well.
they're making a knight rider movie....

perhaps the general is making a new firebird. using a camaro as KITT would be a disgrace.
Old 02-27-2007, 11:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Ford does market out the ***, but I rarely see mustang commericals. GM on the other hand, I've never seen or remember an f-bod commerical. I just hope they do advertise well for the camaros because I think alot of people, even non-car enthusiasts, will come to like them. And why don't they advertise for vettes soley, even the c6 z06?? I know there is a much smaller crowd and customer-base, but still.
Old 02-27-2007, 12:40 PM
Staging Lane

i always liked the GTO commercial where he comes flying in side ways and does a 180, then backs into his garage... pretty cool, and i think they did the newer grand prixs the same way, and you could still see the GTO parked from the first commercial.. pretty cool
Old 02-27-2007, 12:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

I like the Mustang commercial where the guy is at the docks in Germany, and they haul his Mustang off of a ship. Somebody asks him "You couldn't find a car you liked in Germany?", and he says "I couldn't find a speed limit I liked in America".

Even the BMW commercial for there SUV and the 'ring was cool. The audio on the Honda commercial where they inserted the engine sounds from an F1 car into their minivans was also top notch.

GM advertising hasn't been that great lately. Some old Pontiac ads were cool. For the Judge GTO the slogan was something like "This Judge CAN be bought" and there was one with a lion jumping out of the engine bay.
Old 02-27-2007, 03:27 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
they're making a knight rider movie....

perhaps the general is making a new firebird. using a camaro as KITT would be a disgrace.
Yea,..I read something about this being true somewhere.

And I completly agree with you on this!