General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

WoW the cam is in!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 01:29 AM
12 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default WoW the cam is in!!!!!!!

I would like to take this time to Thank Mike Alsop. Winner of the Spike TV show Bullrun! on a red 2002 WS6 T/A. Mike gave me the Hotcam that powered his bird to the winners circle!!!, just because I kept up with him one night while I was in Lafayette to support him during an episode . He just gave it to me!! Thats how awesome this man is!! Giving a complete stranger A CAM!!. But it doesn't end there Dustin Wheelock aka Grimreeper!! is his mechanic at Mike Raisors Pontiac in Lafayette. And he installed the cam,PR's,melling oil pump,LS2 timing chain,LS6 springs,and gave me a basic tune for dirt cheap!! But it doesn't end there, Mike let me keep his red BADAZZ 06 GTO that my wife didn't let me buy . For 2 days while Dustin took care of the business w/ the T/A. Is that frickin cool or what!!
If anyone in the Illinois or Indiana area need any kind of work on their LSX cars I highly recommend them. Friendly, honesty and low prices, what else can we ask for?

Mike and Dustin, thanks for everything!

PS I think that the cam is a jinx!
I swear on the way back on I-80, I had a kid on an STI was beeping to do a roll-on. I spanked him twice. Then after dinner I come to a light and there's a 300 SRT8 reving his engine! the light turns green and we are neck and neck til I got to 4th gear!! and started walking him!! I was really impressed with my new found power!! WOW thanks again Dustin and MIke!!!
Old 06-23-2007, 01:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great luck for you! But now everyone cant expect hand outs...
Old 06-23-2007, 02:01 AM
TECH Addict

so yeah i was riding home when wow look who comes sliding onto the highway but MR John Lingenfelter himself and lord behold i rode with him for quite some time and he said to me "easton,i like those HID fogs so much and the power you have already to hang with me that maybe you should come over to my shop and pick up a custom 850 HP supercharged vette, and hell well even throw in a Supercharged LS7 for your car to" and i was happier then a pig in ****... then i woke up in a pool of sweat and my bolt on Trans AM lol.... congrats man good to hear you're smokin cars already
Old 06-23-2007, 12:03 PM
Banned

It took you until 4th gear to walk a SRT8 300C? I think something's wrong there.
Old 06-23-2007, 12:10 PM
dug
Banned

Originally Posted by ErikElvis
Great luck for you! But now everyone cant expect hand outs...
you can have my stock cam
Old 06-23-2007, 01:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1meantransam
so yeah i was riding home when wow look who comes sliding onto the highway but MR John Lingenfelter himself and lord behold i rode with him for quite some time and he said to me "easton,i like those HID fogs so much and the power you have already to hang with me that maybe you should come over to my shop and pick up a custom 850 HP supercharged vette, and hell well even throw in a Supercharged LS7 for your car to" and i was happier then a pig in ****... then i woke up in a pool of sweat and my bolt on Trans AM lol.... congrats man good to hear you're smokin cars already

hahahahahahah I was happier than a pig in **** ahahhahahaha, thanks 1meantransam i needed that one
Old 06-23-2007, 03:06 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

so yeah i was riding home when wow look who comes sliding onto the highway but MR John Lingenfelter himself, ...
John Lingenfelter (born October 6, 1945 in East Freedom, Pennsylvania, died December 25, 2003 in Decatur, Indiana)

Yea, ..., you were dreamin, ...
Now, where that hell's my freebies?!?
Old 06-23-2007, 03:50 PM
12 Second Club

Thumbs up for the T/A

Little busted up if you ask me?

mainstream is just jealous cause he went to key west and didn't get ****!!

Yea BIG THUMBS up Big Dummy!!!
Thanks mainstream!!

Fieroz34
when we got to the next light he asks if my car is cammed, I say no I just got a lil misfire
I ask him if he has any mods he said a magnaflow catback/high flow cats, a 4in coldair kit and a B&G? computer!!

Last edited by litle88; 06-23-2007 at 04:12 PM.
Old 06-23-2007, 04:20 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by litle8
mainstream is just jealous cause he went to key west and didn't get ****!!

Yea BIG THUMBS up Big Dummy!!!
Thanks mainstream!!

Fieroz34
when we got to the next light he asks if my car is cammed, I say no I just got a lil misfire
I ask him if he has any mods he said a magnaflow catback/high flow cats, a 4in coldair kit and a B&G? computer!!
jelous of who? someone who cant afford his own cam or pay actual price for install? naa no jelousy and i actually live directly accros the street from where those cars were parked so really i didnt go anywhere but my back yard. i dont see what you're getting mouthy about in the first place i simply made a joke and then said congrats. so on that note i take back the congrats and say wow congrats ******* you managed to hang with someone at the speedlimit and get a cam damn proud of you
Old 06-23-2007, 04:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where Can We "Buy" The Cam?
Old 06-24-2007, 12:36 AM
12 Second Club

jelous of who? someone who cant afford his own cam or pay actual price for install? naa no jelousy and i actually live directly accros the street from where those cars were parked so really i didnt go anywhere but my back yard. i dont see what you're getting mouthy about in the first place i simply made a joke and then said congrats. so on that note i take back the congrats and say wow congrats ******* you managed to hang with someone at the speedlimit and get a cam damn proud of you

Slow down!!Mr. sensitive Keyboard Gangster. I said Thanks!!
I knew you were joking!, I was only joking my self!
These mods around here got to weed out these young azz punks who have nothing better to do than talk **** and get them to
You don't know my financial situation! If my "trans" went out tomorrow I can get a new one the same day!
Or have to sell my stock 17's on ebay or this site so I can make a payment on the car! like "some people"(mainstream).
All I did was start this thread to thank 2 individuals who looked out for me!
What is wrong with a simple congrats man, damn.
Or a way to looking out MIke and dustin!!
Any ways ...
REFtheMC you can find the cam at SDPC for pretty cheap w/LS6 springs, they are a sponsor sir/mam.
Old 06-24-2007, 01:11 AM
TECH Addict

Slow down!!Mr. sensitive Keyboard Gangster. I said Thanks!!
I knew you were joking!, I was only joking my self!
These mods around here got to weed out these young azz punks who have nothing better to do than talk **** and get them to
You don't know my financial situation! If my "trans" went out tomorrow I can get a new one the same day!
Or have to sell my stock 17's on ebay or this site so I can make a payment on the car! like "some people"(mainstream).
All I did was start this thread to thank 2 individuals who looked out for me!
What is wrong with a simple congrats man, damn.
Or a way to looking out MIke and dustin!!
Any ways ...
REFtheMC you can find the cam at SDPC for pretty cheap w/LS6 springs, they are a sponsor sir/mam.
ok well im sorry hot shot at the other computer, i still dont think you're understanding where i was coming from. you're thanks was in DICK writing standards, i was saying how great something like that would be and then it turned out to be a dream. Are you understanding yet? if not i could try to come up with an even more simple minded break down of it. you dont know my financial situation either because for all you know i just baught a brand new procharger and realised oh **** i spent all the money on the procharger and didn't realise i had a car payment tomorrow!! or **** i could be a broke *** guy barely affording a house in KEY WEST which is a very very cheap place to live in .. so this young punk *** internet gangster i think you called me? basicly said something that was a "wow that would be nice" reply and "mainstream" (you) took it wrong, BTW is that from the 50s or 60s?... get over it "mainstream" i said a joke then a congrats and you came back as if offended, so sorry to get you're panties in a bunch now get over it
Old 06-24-2007, 01:17 AM
11 Second Club

how bout take it to pms.
Old 06-24-2007, 01:21 AM
TECH Addict

and waste my inbox space lol
Old 06-24-2007, 10:34 AM
12 Second Club

I knew it was a joke from the get go!
how do you know what dick writing looks like?
never did I meant to come through like that, IT was A JOKE as well!!
If I offended you then I'm sorry too.
YES mainstream a dream with a legend would be NICE!!
Old 06-24-2007, 11:04 AM
TECH Addict

so on a better note, congrats on the cam man... you feel a big power gain? i just my headers and noticed a hell of a gain, finally completed my bolt ons completely
Old 06-24-2007, 11:41 AM
TECH Resident

how do you know what dick writing looks like?
It's usually printed on my forehead in the morning when I wake up after a good night's drinking.
Old 06-24-2007, 11:54 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Dip Stick
It's usually printed on my forehead in the morning when I wake up after a good night's drinking.
lol, are you that guy we see all the time on those funny picture email forwards?
Old 06-24-2007, 12:16 PM
12 Second Club

so on a better note, congrats on the cam man... you feel a big power gain? i just my headers and noticed a hell of a gain, finally completed my bolt ons completely
LMAO at DIPSTICK!!!
Thanks MAinstream,
Ohh yea! especially down low, and in the upper rev range.
Dustin just gave me a basic tune, he says the ASA and the HOTCAM are the hardest to tune, and I have heard that in other areas on the forum. The idle quality is a lil sucky right now, but it wont shut off. It will take it about 20sec's to find it's idle. I'm not complaining, the idle quality don't mean jack to me, the shackin and crackin is what I care about!
So hopefully in a couple of weeks I can go to speedinc, outlaw, or finishline to get a tune. I'll ask them and see if they have any experience on tuning these HOTCAMs
Hopefully it doesn't rain on tuesday so I can go to rt66 raceway and see what it can do!!
Old 06-24-2007, 05:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

litle8 let me know any night you go out cruisin, i live really close to you in evergreen park, I wanna hear this hotcam