General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

LT1 vs. LS1

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 11:47 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1meantransam
once again, i was NOT low balling the LT1s read VERY carefully "comparing an Lt1 to an Ls1 is like comparing a Honda to an F-body" no where did i mention LT1 so in general you think "oh" i've got an LT1 i better stick up and say something because obviosly he means LT1s just because he posted it... wrong again, i said it because it's a plain comparison and simplifies it greatly, or i can rephrase it for you and say "it's like comparing a Cobalt SS to an LS1" is that better for you? something with a little more ***** to it? look bud don't get you're panties in a bunch because you went with the LT1.... BTW i got my LS1 when i was a junior in highschool and i payed for it myself so you got no one to blame but you're self. don't get mad at me for telling him the way to go
Whatever dude, I'm not gonna drag this out so Im sorry for even replying. But the point still stands, you said comparing an lt1 to an ls1 is like comparing a honda to any fbody, which is still pretty dumb but thats alright. I'm sure you'd get mad if someone said that about your car.

Btw, thats great that you could work and go to school while being able to afford an ls1. But not many people are in that position.

Next time ill keep my mouth shut and let you ls1 guys have your fun.
Old 07-31-2007, 11:49 PM
TECH Addict

Before you say any more, build up some credit on this site before you come on here trying to bash a local, im done with you're little bicker argument. you have an LT1 and got it up you're *** somewhere i was bashing LT1s which is not true because i have a buddy with a 10 second one and understand them. get over it, no one bashed them you just took it that way and now you're trying to defend something not needed to be defended
Old 07-31-2007, 11:52 PM
Staging Lane

Before you say any more, build up some credit on this site before you come on here trying to bash a local, im done with you're little bicker argument. you have an LT1 and got it up you're *** somewhere i was bashing LT1s which is not true because i have a buddy with a 10 second one and understand them. get over it, no one bashed them you just took it that way and now you're trying to defend something not needed to be defended
Man, 7 posts compared to 1k..

Sorry dude, post count means nothing. Im not obsessed with Lt1s, otherwise i wouldnt be saving to get a 02 ss. Like I said though, im not here to start anything so ill gladly back off if you stop with the pointless insults.
Old 07-31-2007, 11:57 PM
TECH Addict

ARE YOU ******* RETARDED? NO one has insulted you, pull you're head out of you're *** and re-read EVERYTHING i have not once insulted you. seriously just STFU..oh..sorry..that must be an insult to you also, sorry. and yeah in this case me E-***** is definetly bigger then you'res THERES AN INSULT, happy? just quit replying, you make no sence.

I have a set of LT1 T/A mirrors if you're interested btw?

if you don't want them just don't reply to any of this because it's probably just going to be another "oh quit insulting LT1s maaaan" type of reply
Old 08-01-2007, 12:03 AM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

im in highschool (well graduated this yr) and I have a LS1 car.
Old 08-01-2007, 12:17 AM
TECH Addict

I just switched from a LS1 to a LT1, granted my LT1 has a small cam full bolt ons and 4 10's I love it just as much if not more then I did my LS1. Its all in what you want and what you can afford, IMO nothin wrong with a LT1 if your cashflow isnt that big. Hell I picked up my LT1 for around 5 grand and it has probally more then that in parts in it alone.

EDIT- one thing I forgot to mention is it seems that as far as aftermarket parts go theres ALOT more available for LS1's but I dont have the $$$ to built a super car so im fine with my 350-400 HP
Old 08-01-2007, 03:27 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have an LT1. grant it ya probably could have gotten an LS1 no problem. But I like the LT1 style camaro more than the LS1. and the 30 hp diff isnt a big deal to me. Car enthusiast here. Give respect where its due. Anyone can go fast, its wether or not you can afford it or not. An F-body is an F-body. We are all brothers and sisters here. I see no reason to fight about something stupid as I have an LTx or I have an LSx. Still an F-body. btw op for the money go LS1. Thats a great price for one with that many miles on it. Good find *if its in good shape and not beat to hell that is*
Old 08-01-2007, 03:53 AM
Teching In

Hell, id buy both
Old 08-01-2007, 08:01 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 9730thanvz28
I have an LT1. grant it ya probably could have gotten an LS1 no problem. But I like the LT1 style camaro more than the LS1. and the 30 hp diff isnt a big deal to me. Car enthusiast here. Give respect where its due. Anyone can go fast, its wether or not you can afford it or not. An F-body is an F-body. We are all brothers and sisters here. I see no reason to fight about something stupid as I have an LTx or I have an LSx. Still an F-body. btw op for the money go LS1. Thats a great price for one with that many miles on it. Good find *if its in good shape and not beat to hell that is*

yeah i personally like the styling of the LT1 camaros more then the LS1s so im with you on that, somewhere that guy thought i was insulting LT1s which is far from what i was saying
Old 08-01-2007, 10:42 AM
11 Second Club

I didnt see an insult. Must be blind lol. Each there own. I do however LOVE the style of the LS1 transams and WS6. Sex on wheels!
Old 08-01-2007, 10:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by taeketsu
Man, 7 posts compared to 1k..

Sorry dude, post count means nothing. Im not obsessed with Lt1s, otherwise i wouldnt be saving to get a 02 ss. Like I said though, im not here to start anything so ill gladly back off if you stop with the pointless insults.

hahahaha thats funny but sorry 1meantransam is right....

and just having over 1k posts means you know something, you don't browse the forum that much and not know a lot about the f-bods. obviously an enthusiest. I know when I had my LT1 in HS I thought I knew a TON about F-bods, these days I know a TON more but still nothing in comparison to some people. Oh how ignorant I was.

anyways to the OP, go with the LS1, after having the 3 Camaros in my sig, I couldn't imagine going back to an LT1. LSx's are awesome...even stock.
Old 08-01-2007, 11:07 AM
On The Tree

jblindy - beautiful car.
Old 08-01-2007, 01:56 PM
11 Second Club

and the 30 hp diff isnt a big deal to me.
more like 75hp...the ls1 fbodies were very underrated....do a search on it...they really have more like 350-360ish hp....dynoes have proven this as well as track times....
Old 08-01-2007, 01:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Arrow

Originally Posted by taeketsu
Whatever dude, I'm not gonna drag this out so Im sorry for even replying. But the point still stands, you said comparing an lt1 to an ls1 is like comparing a honda to any fbody, which is still pretty dumb but thats alright. I'm sure you'd get mad if someone said that about your car.

Btw, thats great that you could work and go to school while being able to afford an ls1. But not many people are in that position.

Next time ill keep my mouth shut and let you ls1 guys have your fun.
haha I Would Personally Never Even Consider Buying An LT1 But I Have Heard Those LT4's Do Smash
Old 08-01-2007, 04:15 PM
TECH Addict

OMGZZZ 1meantransam MIGHT HAVE insulted the LT1,noooooo
Old 08-01-2007, 04:18 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SchultzLT1
hahahaha thats funny but sorry 1meantransam is right....

and just having over 1k posts means you know something, you don't browse the forum that much and not know a lot about the f-bods. obviously an enthusiest. I know when I had my LT1 in HS I thought I knew a TON about F-bods, these days I know a TON more but still nothing in comparison to some people. Oh how ignorant I was.

anyways to the OP, go with the LS1, after having the 3 Camaros in my sig, I couldn't imagine going back to an LT1. LSx's are awesome...even stock.
Thanks, i try learning as much as i can and i have a good bit of time at work to sit and read up on things so i can help others out when they ask questions. i never insulted him but like what 9730th said to each his own, maybe he just took it that way.
Old 08-01-2007, 04:24 PM
TECH Resident

I've had both and both with mods and the ls1 is better.
and 7k with 82,000 miles is damn good
Old 08-01-2007, 04:31 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by onebadblackz
I've had both and both with mods and the ls1 is better.
and 7k with 82,000 miles is damn good
almost to good, make sure to take a look at the car and drive it (get on it a little bit) look for hesitations,winding sounds, grinds, anything that doesn't sound like it should be there
Old 08-01-2007, 04:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default I am with you man!

yeah i personally like the styling of the LT1 camaros more then the LS1s so im with you on that, somewhere that guy thought i was insulting LT1s which is far from what i was saying
I like the body of LT cars T/A's and camaros better than LS1 bodies. I hate T-tops Hate em' I think that No mean street car or drag ride should have freakin t-tops or be a convertible I hate em. Also the LS cars are kinda bubbly. So as far as appearance LT cars in my opinion look better, but it is proven from the factory that LS1 does run lil better than LT cars.. More HP. I am always keeping my 96 TA and was thinking about puttin a LS motor in it has been done I have seen it on here. Don't get me wrong you can make LT cars haul *** I am happy with my LT4 performance..
Old 08-01-2007, 04:37 PM
TECH Resident

In your case, def get the LS1, that is a great price. Around here Low mileage Mint Cond. LT1's go for even more than that, so for an LS1 with 82k on it which is still lower mileage, that is a great price if it is in good condition.

And yes the LS1 is better. I had an LT1 6 years ago, then Had a LS1 99 Trans Am, then had to sell it because I needed something less expensive, and ended up in another LT1. While my LT1 still is a Mid 13 sec. car, that is what my LS1 was running stock.

Quick Reply: LT1 vs. LS1