General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

LT1 vs. LS1

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 04:48 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I've owned an lt1 car and traded it in for an LS1 and I'm not disappointed at all. Mid 13's STOCK! Now I do have an LT1 friend with intake, catback, gears and tune pulling out 13.8's which is pretty damn good IMO. I tell a lot of kids not to underestimate an LT1. They are torquey motors at low end which I do miss but the top end of an ls1 feels awesome.

Just like everybody else said though...get what you can afford. Don't go killing urself just to have an LS1 fbody. The LT1's are also good cars but harder to find with moderate mileage and good condition but they ARE out there. I personally think you should buy an LTx car first to fully appreciate an LS1 car.
Old 08-03-2007, 05:26 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 1meantransam
maybe you should get you're eyes checked to? i do believe i won that stupid little arguement and i have enough people to say it to. thanks for the imput though, always appreciated
I just think it is ridiculous how you let him have it like that. He was just defending his car like any of us would do. When you answer someone's question of should I go with an LT1 or LS1 and you say it's like comparing a honda to an f-body (how ever you wanted it to sound) it sounds like you are saying if you choose an LT1 you might as well choose a honda. You say that is not what you said, but that is how it translated to him. You knew what you were doing when you said that and you got the reaction you were looking for. You won the argument. LS1's are better than LT1's. Let's all go on about our day now.
Old 08-03-2007, 06:17 PM
11 Second Club

Default wow lol @ that

Originally Posted by 02silvaZ
i have a friend with a '94 Z putting out 425 at the flywheel, no turbos or superchargers, all motor, they can be built too
so it runs somthing like a full "BOLT ON" LS1....H/C/I
LS1 cars put that to the wheels.....how the hell did you guys figure fwhp.....was it put on an engine dyno before it was put in the car.......

I knew this thread would get ugly....I cant believe burnzilla hasnt viewed it and sterted mith his multiple quote posts....lol
Old 08-03-2007, 08:18 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by FastB
I just think it is ridiculous how you let him have it like that. He was just defending his car like any of us would do. When you answer someone's question of should I go with an LT1 or LS1 and you say it's like comparing a honda to an f-body (how ever you wanted it to sound) it sounds like you are saying if you choose an LT1 you might as well choose a honda. You say that is not what you said, but that is how it translated to him. You knew what you were doing when you said that and you got the reaction you were looking for. You won the argument. LS1's are better than LT1's. Let's all go on about our day now.
if you're wanting to go on about our days then why did you bring it up? plus i didn't see much defending of his own car bit more of the arguing at me, i only defended myself as i was being told i was insulting him. as you can see you're the only one who agrees with him, related?. perhaps you just don't quite get where im coming from either. i don't want to argue with you but if that's what you're looking for then keep it coming because i can shovel it back all day ... don't say stupid **** comparing who got the points if you're not wanting an arguement.

back to the OP everyone or am i going to have to keep going on all night about it?
Old 08-03-2007, 08:57 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SchultzLT1
hahahaha thats funny but sorry 1meantransam is right....

and just having over 1k posts means you know something, you don't browse the forum that much and not know a lot about the f-bods. obviously an enthusiest. I know when I had my LT1 in HS I thought I knew a TON about F-bods, these days I know a TON more but still nothing in comparison to some people. Oh how ignorant I was.

anyways to the OP, go with the LS1, after having the 3 Camaros in my sig, I couldn't imagine going back to an LT1. LSx's are awesome...even stock.
I agree with you mostly but I just thought I would bring up the fact that what you know about f bodies does not depend on how many posts you have on this site. But no matter how much you know you can always learn more and that's why this site rocks. I personally have had some experience (not an expert by far) with most of the different generations of f bodies and I love them all and this definately does not show in my 50 posts or so. BTW I'm sure the guys comment was not to offend LT1 owners it was just a comparison. It's like comparing the LS3 Corvette to our LS1s. To the guy that started the thread, get the LS1.
Old 08-03-2007, 09:09 PM
Banned

go for the ls1
Old 08-03-2007, 09:46 PM
12 Second Club

I say its more of YOUR opinion, and what you want it for. If you want a fast street car buy the LS1. If you want a more reliable car buy the LS1. If you dont like the way they look buy the other. IF your going to build a full out drag racer id but the LT1. The iron block can take a hell of alot more strain. Plus i hear people say if you got less money buy the LT1 but im the other way around if you have less money buy the LS1. At your first tune up/10th opti you will have already paid the LS1 off in full.

I just sold my 94 Formula M6 for an 01 TA A4. The TA is way faster, Way more reliable, Cost more for purchase, but less for maintnence, plus it'll get me more ***** than some dykes get.
Old 08-03-2007, 10:13 PM
Launching!

if you're wanting to go on about our days then why did you bring it up? plus i didn't see much defending of his own car bit more of the arguing at me, i only defended myself as i was being told i was insulting him. as you can see you're the only one who agrees with him, related?. perhaps you just don't quite get where im coming from either. i don't want to argue with you but if that's what you're looking for then keep it coming because i can shovel it back all day ... don't say stupid **** comparing who got the points if you're not wanting an arguement.

back to the OP everyone or am i going to have to keep going on all night about it?
Your obviously a person that likes to have the last word, so go ahead and post something else to come back at this post so you can have your last word. I mean after all you do have like a thousand post or something so your obviously running this.
Old 08-03-2007, 10:31 PM
12 Second Club

Your obviously a person that likes to have the last word, so go ahead and post something else to come back at this post so you can have your last word. I mean after all you do have like a thousand post or something so your obviously running this.
lol
Old 08-03-2007, 10:33 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 5_02ls1
so it runs somthing like a full "BOLT ON" LS1....H/C/I
LS1 cars put that to the wheels.....how the hell did you guys figure fwhp.....was it put on an engine dyno before it was put in the car.......

I knew this thread would get ugly....I cant believe burnzilla hasnt viewed it and sterted mith his multiple quote posts....lol
you dont have to bash LT1's they are nice cars too
Old 08-03-2007, 10:34 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Keenov
So, ~360 to the wheels?
whats wrong with that, pretty quick, why does everyone bash an LT1, they are nice too, maybe not as fast but they are good too, i like both f-bods, why diss one
Old 08-03-2007, 10:36 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Pewter02WS6
Well I've owned an lt1 car and traded it in for an LS1 and I'm not disappointed at all. Mid 13's STOCK! Now I do have an LT1 friend with intake, catback, gears and tune pulling out 13.8's which is pretty damn good IMO. I tell a lot of kids not to underestimate an LT1. They are torquey motors at low end which I do miss but the top end of an ls1 feels awesome.

Just like everybody else said though...get what you can afford. Don't go killing urself just to have an LS1 fbody. The LT1's are also good cars but harder to find with moderate mileage and good condition but they ARE out there. I personally think you should buy an LTx car first to fully appreciate an LS1 car.
LT1's are nice cars, go pretty quick, remember, you still kick most cars ***'s with an LT1, i.e. mustang, import, etc
Old 08-03-2007, 10:39 PM
12 Second Club

If i put an LS1 in a honda prelude would you drive it?
Old 08-03-2007, 10:41 PM
TECH Addict

hell i have always wanted the 97 30th SS orange with the white stripes and white ZR1's, those bitches are sweet looking
Old 08-03-2007, 11:19 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 94lt1m6
If i put an LS1 in a honda prelude would you drive it?
if you go to the welcome forums theres a guy with a honda that he did a complete vette swap into it, pretty bad IMO. i would drive it considering it's a LS1
Old 08-03-2007, 11:31 PM
Staging Lane

I haven't read this thread since your last post so this is why I'm responding late. FastB explained it perfectly, the way you worded your sentence it made it sound like you were basically saying you might as well drive a Honda if you chose an lt1.

Now, if you REALLY want to get into an argument with me, try not typing like a complete moron. You proved your stupidity to me when you basically discounted my opinions just because I don't have over a thousand posts. You think posts equal knowledge? You're living proof that your little theory isn't true. You proceeded to try to talk down on me even though I wasn't responding, and you still think your e-peen is growing because other LS1 guys agreed with you.

I've said all I need to say, so go ahead and have your meaningless "last word" post. I usually don't resort to insulting someones intelligence (or lack of in your case), but I guess thats the only way I can get to you.
Old 08-03-2007, 11:40 PM
TECH Addict

it appears both of you douchbags are the last worders. i have ended it several times and both of you keep brining it back up. if im the one who keeps bringing it up and obviously that's because my utmost lack of intelligence then why is it you to air heads keep talking? i say something to end it and go back to the guys post for what car to get then one of you strokes the other real quick and get's one arroused to come on here and bring it back up. look last words are SHUT THE **** UP and let this thread continue to it's original post and quit bickering over you're stupid ****, is that possible?
Old 08-04-2007, 12:00 AM
Launching!

oh so true. just can't stop posting here can you? you have nothing new to say, or anything usefull for that matter.

*waits for next post*

look last words are SHUT THE **** UP and let this thread continue to it's original post and quit bickering over you're stupid ****, is that possible?

own advice?

*edit*

forgot to add, LS-1Z28 :

there is some very good advice in this thread from a few level headed members. good luck with whichever you choose.

Last edited by BlazerINtheWork; 08-04-2007 at 12:13 AM.
Old 08-04-2007, 12:03 AM
12 Second Club

STFU x 2
Old 08-04-2007, 12:39 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's hard to belive this question is still being asked in 2007.
I won't EVER slag on LT1's..But theirs a reason they're 5 model year run engines..
It's the best incarnation of an SBC..But the initial advantage that Lt1's had over LSx's was their aftermarket advantage..But that has long ago disappeared.
The only way I would ever want an LT1 would be an immaculate Polo Green LOW mile original,down to the GSC tires/salad shooters & never mod it..Those cars have a special place in my heart.

Quick Reply: LT1 vs. LS1