General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Car shipping problems,,need advice

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 07:11 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car shipping problems,,need advice

ok, so i recently purchased a 00 z28 from a guy in San Diego,,,I set up shipping with a company out of Florida. I needed the car to be picked up on Friday the 27th of July....They said they could find a driver to pick it up on that date but it would be an extra hundred bucks..i agreed.paid the deposit, and set it up.. well they call back and say they find a driver and he wants 200 extra...i think thats unfair since they already agreed on 100, so they take care of 50 and i agree to pay 150 more....im under the impression that since it will be picked up friday, then it will be headed this way (Arkansas) on Friday.......Well, the truck doesnt leave until Monday, the 30th of July....Driver tells the seller it should be here in arkansas on the 3rd of august, which is a friday...the shipping company says the driver will call me between 12 and 24 hours ahead of drop off to set up everything....never calls, i call shipping company, truck driver, and truck driver says it will be Tuesday, the 7th (today)...i call him on monday and he says he's in amarillo, tx and that it might be tuesday evening but that it would be no later then wednesday....says he will call tuesday for sure to set everything up....well he never calls today...i call him about 6:30 and he tells me it wont be until Friday and asked me if saturday would be a better day for me...i tell him last friday was a better day and that its costing me money not having my car....I am just so frustrated......The shipping company told me it usually takes 5-7 days til delivery.....I paid extra to be picked up early and its gonna take 2 weeks and maybe more.........Any suggestion on what i should do or how i should handle this....im so tempted to just fly to amarillo and get the car but im afraid ill still be stuck with paying 900 bucks which is what i agreed on when it got to arkansas
Old 08-08-2007, 12:41 AM
TECH Addict

Have you actually paid them any money yet?
Old 08-08-2007, 01:00 AM
12 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

I say wait...get the car...when the "driver" or whatever he is comes to collect, stick him in the face and say "guess we both didn't get what we originally agreed on" and hop in your new Z28 and roll the heck out!

I hate people that promise one thing and don't come through, ESPECIALLY when it's dealing with a good amount of money!
Old 08-08-2007, 08:18 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tbird31
I say wait...get the car...when the "driver" or whatever he is comes to collect, stick him in the face and say "guess we both didn't get what we originally agreed on" and hop in your new Z28 and roll the heck out!

I hate people that promise one thing and don't come through, ESPECIALLY when it's dealing with a good amount of money!

I've dealt with a few cars that have been shipped. I never had any problems. These guys actually showed up earlier. These were all on the east coast though, I've never dealt with the Cali folk.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:37 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 442 Likes on 319 Posts

Sounds like a typical average 'cheap' transport company. Your situation occurs every single day of the week. $700 was a bit too cheap and you are paying for it now, even with the $200 bonus you added on. The quality 'on-time' companies would all be around $1200-$1500 for your San Diego to Arkansas trip. You get what you pay for, including 80 year old transport drivers that don't know what day of the week it is, but that's another story. Been there, done that to say the least. You will get your car but check it over carefully ON the transport truck. When finished write an actual letter to the transport company HQ and tell them to 'make things right' about the extra $200 you spent. If they ignore you, 'bad' word of mouth works wonders, especially to the BBB in FL where the company is located. Good luck with everything! I hope your car is OK.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:53 AM
On The Tree

Default car

it was actually one of the more expensive companies...had about 15 different quotes...the only money i have paid is the deposit....200 bucks...when the driver gets here i will owe him 900 bucks....the quote was 950 but i had to pay the extra 150...so 1150 was the total....i just talked to shipping company today...the girl i talked to seemed a little better today, like she thought it was actually a mess up...Said she would call back after speaking to mgmt and seeing what they could do....Still waiting to hear back from her....
Old 08-09-2007, 10:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Good luck I've always just flown in and driven home to avoid situations like this.
Old 08-10-2007, 12:08 AM
Launching!

was this company ultimat logistics. if so f@#k them, they done the same thing to me. but i had given them a deposit befor they jacked up the price, but in the end i got to drive from oregon to texas, but got screwwd for 200 bucks