General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

A4 or M6???

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 03:25 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A4 or M6???

I am really interested in buying a ls1 soon but i want to know from people that owned the cars to tell me what you think. ive heard the m6 guys wont talk crap about automatics cuz they know a stalled one will rip them a new one. the car i get will be everyday driven but i want to win races when the time comes. Is a manual really any faster cuz if not ill get an automatic. my buddy has a 2000 z28 a4 but it barely powerbrakes in drive he told me someone from here said put it in 1st to trick the computer? but i know good and well a m6 will blow'm off
Old 08-10-2007, 03:30 PM
Launching!

A4's with a stall will launch much better. they shift faster too. I have a 00 camaro SS M6 and dont have plans to race it much, just kinda play around on the street with it. I love the M6 for cruisin, to me its much more fun. Also not that this will matter very much but M6 cars are better on gas. Its all personal pref, A4's will be faster launching and shifting but M6's are more fun to me. Only thing that sucks is the CAGS on M6. btw, my M6 has no problem gettin the tires smoking, then again the A4's have a 2.73(i think?) rear and M6's have a 3.42.

Last edited by BlueStreak362; 08-10-2007 at 03:36 PM.
Old 08-10-2007, 03:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not this topic again......

Here goes nothing:

Boring, fact-based response-

This has been discussed many times, my friend. I would suggest a search on the topic. The M6 will be a tad quicker with a good driver, and the A4 will be more consistent over the long run. Many people prefer the M6 for country-road driving, while many others prefer the A4 for driving in traffic. Each can be fun if different situations, so test drive both and get the one that you like the best.

Fun, ignorant, and manly response based solely on opinion and ego-

Guys who have the A4 are Actually, I think George Michael has the A4. Send him a PM and ask him how he likes it.
Automatics suck - get a minivan if you want something to drive to soccer practice!

hopefully, this ends the thread.

Old 08-10-2007, 03:41 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by JohnnyC

Here goes nothing:

This has been discussed many times, my friend. I would suggest a search on the topic. The M6 will be a tad quicker with a good driver, and the A4 will be more consistent over the long run. Many people prefer the M6 for country-road driving, while many others prefer the A4 for driving in traffic. Each can be fun if different situations, so test drive both and get the one that you like the best.

Guys who have the A4 are Actually, I think George Michael has the A4. Send him a PM and ask him how he likes it.
Automatics suck - get a minivan if you want something to drive to soccer practice!

Old 08-10-2007, 03:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Here goes nothing:

Old 08-10-2007, 03:52 PM
Staging Lane

i just needed to know since i will buy a ls1 soon. im 17 and a noob i know each one is to damn fast for me anyways but oh well start big you learn big
Old 08-10-2007, 03:52 PM
Teching In

For fun driving and what could be faster M6.

For drag racing and Consistency A4 (get a stall).

Your car your choice.
Old 08-10-2007, 03:53 PM
11 Second Club

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

Depends on what you want..Stalled A4 will dominate the Strip, M6 is fun as hell on the back roads and playing around.
I have an A4, but I am looking for an M6 Corvette to cruise around in.

As far as burning off the Tires, my A4 has no problem smoking them up in 1st, 2nd..3rd..
Old 08-10-2007, 04:01 PM
Staging Lane

i live in the country but to get any action at all, except for these diesel **** around here i have to drive 15 miles to find anything legit. the baddest ls1 in my town that i know has 500rwhp m6 its crazy fast and breaks loose to much it spun til 90mph. will an automatic break loose like that just punching it
Old 08-10-2007, 04:05 PM
11 Second Club

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

Mine breaks loose at around 80mph if it punch it, and I don't even have it fully tuned..
Old 08-10-2007, 04:07 PM
TECH Addict

Here goes nothing:

and a major responce from the peanut gallery says coming from my POV both are great depending on set up, yes a auto from factory is quite boring but get a built tranny and slap a nice stall in there and to the M6.... this is coming from someone who has had both and i loved both, an M6 is definetly more fun to drive but there is no way that it's BETTER in the sence that he's talking about. personally i would get an M6 if i was to buy another but if you find a real nice A4 go ahead and get it, there not as gay as johnnyc says they are. some people are just plain ignorant
Old 08-10-2007, 04:09 PM
Launching!

402 stroker... *drools*
Old 08-10-2007, 04:09 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by straight_pipe
i live in the country but to get any action at all, except for these diesel **** around here i have to drive 15 miles to find anything legit. the baddest ls1 in my town that i know has 500rwhp m6 its crazy fast and breaks loose to much it spun til 90mph. will an automatic break loose like that just punching it
And survey says.... YES my stalled A4 definetly breaks loose like nothing, basicly any speed under 80 and i don't even have 500 horse!!!!
Old 08-10-2007, 04:18 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by straight_pipe
the baddest ls1 in my town that i know has 500rwhp m6 its crazy fast and breaks loose to much it spun til 90mph.
That just sounds like poor driving or power shifting the hell out of it more than anything (or shitty tires and suspension).

If you clutch it right, feather the gas a bit, then it will not spin up to 90 mph.

Hell I have 436 rwhp in my car. I can make it spin through, 1st, 2nd, and most all of 3rd. That doesn't mean that happens all the time. Only when I dump the clutch and power shift through ever single gear never letting off the throttle.

Sounds like what that guy was doing.
Old 08-10-2007, 05:30 PM
TECH Addict

exactly, anyone can spin tell 90 if done right, **** my buddys s10 with the ZZ4 in it spun tell 140 and we only moved 20 ft lol just break em loose,powershift,don't lose that momentum and you will spin away.
Old 08-10-2007, 05:47 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

all depends on your goals with the car and what you want to do with it..
Old 08-10-2007, 06:00 PM
12 Second Club

A4-consistent times, normally faster E.T.s, but slower trap speed. not too much fun to drive around though.

T-56-fun to drive. better gas mileage, good trap speed. BUT, you will need to do something about the master cylinder if you plan on racing it.

In the end, its your call
Old 08-10-2007, 06:21 PM
Staging Lane

what about pulling the auto down a gear and keeping it revved up. will it act like a manual on the street or will all that commanded shifting in a auto tear something up
Old 08-10-2007, 06:41 PM
11 Second Club

all it takes is a gear for the a4 to destroy an m6......my stalled a4 is the funnest car ive driven and ive owned and driven alot of cars...as far as spinning goes you need sticky tires of somec sort....mine will break loose at 50mph farely easy....my sisters 00ws6 m6 felt like a slug compared to my car with gears only.....
Old 08-10-2007, 07:06 PM
TECH Addict

i justed upped to 295s bf goodrich thinking i'll hook up better, and LCAs + relocation brackets and i noticed a difference but i can still get my stall to break loose fairly easy at high speeds to. my whole new rear end set up will be here soon with some nice better gears to go with it so well see then to what these so called "gay" A4s can do against these big bad M6s