General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

I think I crapped myself today!

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 12:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by Sharpe
I had a 81 Cutlass I put a 383/TH350 in. The carb would do that. I started calling her "Christine." It's scary. Now, you'll never know if you really got her fixed. If you need a ported TB, nows the time to get one! Try New Era (sponsor) on a budget.
I have a p/p tb but I am not sure if its aftermarket or if the stock one was taken somewhere or the guy I bought it from did it.

Originally Posted by FMX05
You should have this happen on a bike. Talk about **** yourself...
...No thanks...I stick with this...LOL
Old 04-23-2008, 12:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^^ I have... was on a little GX500 Suzuki tho so It wasn't tooo bad... I just pulled the clutch in... I rather blow the engine up then kill myself
Old 04-23-2008, 12:34 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Jon5212
^^^ I have... was on a little GX500 Suzuki tho so It wasn't tooo bad... I just pulled the clutch in... I rather blow the engine up then kill myself
Yeah. Last time it happened to me I was on a motocross track with a CRF450
Old 04-23-2008, 02:56 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by allbaugh_04
People remove their rev limiter? Why? Why not just raise it and have that insurance...i see too many dummies making youtube videos with constant pegging of the rev limiter. I wish they didn't have rev limiters, then we wouldn't have them idiots out driving around.

Look at me! I can mash the gas and do uncontrolable circles in my car that my parents bought me.
That's exactly what I say.... WHY?? I know of a few who have removed it Very risky thing to do
Old 04-24-2008, 05:11 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LS1>girlfriend
do you have a youtube video of yourself in your car doing uncontrollable circles while pegging the rev limiter?

No, actually I don't.

Two things I DON'T do to a car:

1. Dump the clutch.
2. Burnoffs.

Anyone is welcome to flame away about me "missing the experience" and the whole point of owning this vehicle. But, I own it, I drive it the way I see fit.
Old 04-24-2008, 05:37 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't think there's anyone that really removes the limiter. Raise yes, remove not really. I have mine up at 6500rpm, but I also have a supporting valvetrain that can do 7500rpm easy. It's my bottom end that I won't trust to that.

As for the op, sometimes when the throttle blade shaft bar is cut in half, the screws tend to keep the blade out of alignment with the throttle body and cause it to stick partially open or even a lot. Think of it this way. Before the screws put tension on the shaft bar and the blade was technically "loose within" that 2 part bar. Now the screws are responsible for holding in the throttle blade but most people can't get it perfectly aligned and it may stick open a bit or a lot.

To fix this on mine, I used blue loctite on the screws and tightened it enough to keep the blade there, but still allowed some leeway that when the blade closed it could "move" and align itself when closed. The result is that you DON'T have to lubricate the throttle blade to keep it loose as WD-40 or any other lubricant will eventually dry up around the throttle blade edge and it may stick open again.
Old 04-24-2008, 07:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

LS1Tech 10 Year

that gave me my morning laugh
Old 04-24-2008, 04:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

LS1Tech 10 Year

Well I drove the car into town today (first drive of the day) and it seems like the gas peddle is a little sticky. Its almost like its getting caught up then it will work fine after a little of driving.
Old 04-24-2008, 06:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by johnnybravo
WHAT? I had to buy my own freakin' car! You mean i did it wrong? I'm gonna call Dad and Mom and have a little chat with them. They also won't pay for any parts I tear up. What's going on here? Don't they know how expensive it is to abuse a car?

Hmmm...... Maybe they did that so I would appreciate and take care of what I have, ya think?
Me too..Makes me proud of my car tho. The way it should be.
Old 04-24-2008, 06:49 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by johnnybravo
WHAT? I had to buy my own freakin' car! You mean i did it wrong? I'm gonna call Dad and Mom and have a little chat with them. They also won't pay for any parts I tear up. What's going on here? Don't they know how expensive it is to abuse a car?

Hmmm...... Maybe they did that so I would appreciate and take care of what I have, ya think?
I feel ya!