LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion (https://ls1tech.com/forums/)
-   General LSX Automobile Discussion (https://ls1tech.com/forums/general-lsx-automobile-discussion-118/)
-   -   Accident in CETA...what to do? (https://ls1tech.com/forums/general-lsx-automobile-discussion/922984-accident-ceta-what-do.html)

Z28/2002 05-21-2008 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by ProStreet_632 (Post 9410876)
If you want to be different when you get it fixed, don't put the side stripes on. The 1st thing I did when I bought mine was take them off with a heat gun, the car looks badass with the stripes removed.

I tried to do the samething to mine but the paint is faded and it would have been to obvious where they were.

Cole Train 05-21-2008 09:38 PM

Tell them you WILL NOT take aftermarket or USED parts on a COLLECTOR Trans Am. Otherwise they should pay you for Value lost due to it. That's B.S.

Bones87 05-21-2008 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by ColeTrains'96Z28 (Post 9411506)
Tell them you WILL NOT take aftermarket or USED parts on a COLLECTOR Trans Am. Otherwise they should pay you for Value lost due to it. That's B.S.

Okay I will definitely make sure of that tomorrow. They are also now telling me that its going to cost $50 to get the broken rim back....I couldnt understand the estimator over the phone cause of his damn Jersey accent, but he said something like "core" cost of $50 if I wanted to get the cracked 4th rim back. What the hell is that BS?

Kingc8r 05-21-2008 11:17 PM

Yea do what the other guy said. Your car is a C.E., make sure they take care of you the right way. My boss's daughter spun out in a CE T/A and he had to pay a lot of money for the wheels

Bones87 05-23-2008 04:15 PM

Got some good news today. They will be using all new GM parts to replace the broken and dented pieces on the car. They removed the bumper and QPs I believe but have not started replacing parts. Looking at a June 4th delivery....blah, long time away, but I'm feelin' pretty good about this.

Z28/2002 05-23-2008 04:19 PM

Good Luck

00BlueTA 05-23-2008 04:21 PM

They shouldn't have any charge for you to get the wheel back thats crap. It's your wheel they are not buying it from you, it went in to them as yours it stays yours. I wouldnt pay for my own $#!^.

ws6_bandit 06-03-2008 05:58 PM

I was recently hit pretty hard in the passenger side quarter and door.. Did $4200 in damage. The body shop replaced the entire quarter panel and door. They did a great job aligning everything and matching paint.

Since you took it to a dealer you dont have to settle for anything less than perfect. If you dont like the job tell them to redo it.. My buddy is a gm mechanic and he said a guy came in with a C6 that was hit hard. Apparently the dealer didnt have the greatest body shop and the job has been redone 3 times now. lol Hopefully everything works out for you.

chemicalstylez 06-07-2008 12:01 PM

So did ya get the car back?!

BANDITCAR 06-07-2008 02:47 PM

Bones,

I'm just finding out about this and I'm so sorry that it happened.

I'm glad you are getting it fixed and they are using the correct GM parts cause a car like ours deserves at least what it originally came with!

Good Luck

later

Bones87 06-08-2008 02:48 PM

Thanks Bandit, I appreciate it!

I have not gotten the car back yet. The original "delivery date" was June 4th....this was delayed according to my estimator as there was "trouble locating parts thru a nationwide search." New D-Day is June 11th....hopefully everything will turn out a-okay. June 12th I head out for Coronado and come back in a week. Hopefully I'll have some new info this week....and a "new" car!

whytryz28 06-09-2008 01:09 AM

Originally Posted by thunderstruck507 (Post 9390310)
you're gonna give up on your car after a MINOR accident from the way it sounds? you ass, you're car must hate you ;)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...7/wreck001.jpg

fix and drive it

just an excuse to get some nice wheels :) nothing that came stock on a t/a or camaro really looks good anyway

+1 looks like the right side of our cars love to get trashed hahaha

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...arcrash003.jpg

Bones87 06-11-2008 12:54 PM

Dropped by the body shop today. Car is delayed YET AGAIN for whatever reason known to man. The guy also said that because the rivets on the window motor have to be drilled out and replaced, its going to cost a few more $ to buy the rivets. If it is some astronomical price I am going to flip a shit. Car has now been delayed til next Wednesday. UGH.

LedZeppelin725 06-11-2008 01:14 PM

ya dude quarters suck to put in i had to put one in my car last month, dumbass 17 year old kid not payin attention :bang:

Cole Train 06-11-2008 06:54 PM

yeah bodywork can be a pain in the ass. Hope you get it back soon. I'm glad they are giving you new GM parts too. They wouldn't like me much because i'd be there watching them install and paint all the stuff too. I'm very untrusting with others working on my cars:D

Bones87 06-18-2008 11:30 PM

Just got back from California (my first time -- oh my god, so awesome). Got a call from body shop while in San Diego. You will not believe this...because I know I don't either. My car must be delayed a 3rd (or is this 4th?) time because of a bent rear axle or bent rear housing. I told the guy I have a job interview in Washington July 5th and he could not guarantee it would be finished by then. WHAT THE @#$%. This is coming up on 2 months and Im getting really annoyed by this delay after delay. Why was the axle not detected upon first bringing the car in? I apologize for my ignorance as I do not know the operations of a body shop, but am I wrong to be pissed off about this taking such a long time?

z28bryan02 06-18-2008 11:50 PM

Thats sucks, you would think a competent shop would look for all damages before they just start fixing it.

Bones87 06-25-2008 04:30 PM

What pix?

For anyone still paying attention to this thread, I got a call today saying that the rear-axle that was supposed to arrive Monday has still not arrived. I drove by the dealer today and could actually see my car in their fenced in body-work lot. Everything looks pristine so far but it doesn't have it's right side feather/stripes.

That's all for now, Im sure I will be posting another delay or some kind of non-sense within the next few days.

ws6_bandit 06-26-2008 01:10 PM

That really sucks.. When mine was hit, they orginally told me it would be a week and a half. It took them one day shy of a month to straighten everything out.

Thats crazy that it bent the axle! I was hit at 50mph square in the axle and it didnt even get pushed. Guess i got lucky.

Keep us posted. I want to see pics when its done.

qwk93ta 06-26-2008 03:21 PM

I hope you get it back soon.....I would be going nuts!