General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

took carpet out, car wont start now !!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 06:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default took carpet out, car wont start now !!!

this is nonsense but as the title says the car won't start.

a week ago I took the passenger airbag out and dashboard together. today I took the carpet out and I put the cluster back and just hold it with tape to go to the nearest gas station and get me some food.
to my surprise the car wasn't starting at all. the battery was dead so I gave it a jump. lights and cluster works perfectly but the car is not cranking. SES light is on as always . the car has the same feeling when the security light is on but in this case is off.i t won't crank at all

besides that I removed the harrness under the seat that inflate and deflate the thing. I'm gonna put an aftemarket seat and I don't need that anymore.

The harness was glued to its connector so I just cut the wires. While I try to start the car I didn't realise that the + wire was directly touching the floor.
however I don't think this can cause the problem

help please

Last edited by ikaros23; 10-28-2008 at 06:40 PM.
Old 10-28-2008, 06:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ikaros23
this is nonsense but as the title says the car won't start.

a week ago I took the passenger airbag out and dashboard together. today I took the carpet out and I put the cluster back and just hold it with tape to go to the nearest gas station and get me some food.
to my surprise the car wasn't starting at all. the battery was dead so I gave it a jump. lights and cluster works perfectly but the car is not cranking. SES light is on as always . the car has the same feeling when the security light is on but in this case is off.i t won't crank at all

besides that I removed the harrness under the seat that inflate and deflate the thing. I'm gonna put an aftemarket seat and I don't need that anymore.

The harness was glued to its connector so I just cut the wires. While I try to start the car I didn't realise that the + wire was directly touching the floor.
however I don't think this can cause the problem

help please
check all your fuses
Old 10-28-2008, 07:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'll do that as soon as I get a testlight