General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

bad vibration after t56 swap! help

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 08:32 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Angry bad vibration after t56 swap! help

I have a 98 z28 that i put a complete swap from an m6 swap i even used the flywheel that the swap car came with...only thing now is a bad vibration around 1200+ rpm ..the swap came with new trans mount think it was a poly but my car had 150k miles original mounts plus 4l60e was a pita to get out had kick sob to get it out ...can anybody give me an idea what it might be flywheel,mounts? I have new poly mounts and rubber tranny mount comming just in case thats it ? can anybody help please
Old 03-24-2009, 10:02 PM
On The Tree

If the vibration is engine RPM sensitive look for something ahead of the transmission (clutch, flywheel). Does it vibrate the same whether its sitting, moving, in all gears?
Old 03-24-2009, 11:33 PM
On The Tree

Unhappy

Originally Posted by HDNVALLEY
If the vibration is engine RPM sensitive look for something ahead of the transmission (clutch, flywheel). Does it vibrate the same whether its sitting, moving, in all gears?
yes it does vibrate no matter what only above 1200rpm in all gears...sitting or moving dont know what it is?
Old 03-25-2009, 10:59 AM
On The Tree

I would suspect a balance/harmonic vibration issue with the flywheel and/or clutch. Double check for loose bolts. The mount is also suspect so you might as well replace it since you have a new one on the way.
Old 03-25-2009, 09:41 PM
On The Tree

thans for the info i know i double check everything with the car when put everything in torgued everything possiable but by dumb luck had a gut feeling that it was the trans mount and behold that was the problem so all fixed now but have other issues cant seem to find anything on tune for the speedo have hpt and cant figure it out just yet
Old 03-25-2009, 11:38 PM
On The Tree

Glad to hear the vibration is fixed. I believe the speedometer reads off the differential so unless you have changed the rear end the speedometer shouldn't be affected.
Old 03-26-2009, 10:43 AM
On The Tree

still have a problem didnt change the rear end but the speedo is off major so trying to figure how to change that with hpt but cant figure this out

Quick Reply: bad vibration after t56 swap! help