General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Exhaust problems please help!!!!!! :(

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 03:03 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust problems please help!!!!!! :(

Hey everyone first I wouold just like to thank anyone that can help me. Well this is the promblem that I'm having, I have a 98 Z and I've been through three diferent pairs of long tube headers. The reason is because I keep bottoming out, but it's only the right side the drivers side is fine no problems there, also this is all happening at stock hight. For some reason the right side hangs real low. I now have the pro kit on it because I wanted to take away all that wheel gap that I have. I have 18" rims all the way around. I have friends with F-Bodies and most of them have sportline kits with long tubes and none of the bottom out unless they hit a good size bump, but they all have 2000-2002 I don't know if that makes a difference. Can some one please help me and tell me what I can do to solve this problem, if you can please send me pics. I'm thinking about going with shorty headers to try to fix this problem. Thanks again everyone.
Old 07-01-2009, 04:35 AM
Launching!

im honestly thinking it may be a problew with the header being too long possibly a problem from the manufacturer or something cuz your the first person ive heard of that happening to.
Old 07-01-2009, 09:41 AM
Banned

Car looks good wish I could get mine looking that good it's a work in progress. I was afraid I would get that respons lol people think I'm crazy when I tell them what's happing. One thing that I did not mention was that I've tried using SLP, Jet Hots, and Flow Tech long tubes they all scrapped mainly on the right side. All three times they were connected with a cat back system, then I tried the true dual from texas-speed on all three but man that made it even worst. Lol man this is driving me nuts. But thanks for the help.
Old 07-01-2009, 09:48 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check your motor mounts. make sure one isn't crushed causing that side to hang low. Good luck.
Old 07-01-2009, 09:59 AM
Banned

They're brand new, High Energy I replaced them when I put the motor in a few months back. Thanks though I didn't even think about that be a possable problem.